Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    You can buy vinyl on ebay just do search of "vinyl signs" you will also need application tape I think it's available in 8" wide rolls which is perfect for the CR you wil need a small thin bladed knife such a a craft knife to help you weed off the excess vinyl and you will also need a squegee to to rub down the vinyl.
    Once you have cut and weeded your vinyl you lay the application tape over the image and rub with your squegee and when you are going to apply the vinyl you detach it from the original backing leaving it stuck to the application tape, hope this helps

Netherlands, and sometimes Redhill, Surrey
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyB
    Ohh I HAVE to try this. now WHERE do I get this stuff from?????
    Penny,

You can get it from various places, xpres, the magic touch and the transfer press have been mentioned. I ordered mine from the transfer press, they do craft robo strips of 22x50 cm that feed straight into the Robo. I'm a bit annoyed with them as they charged me almost £7.00 courier delivery when they should have sent it royal mail for £3.00! And they haven't replied to my email about this yet!

Karin

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Boab
    You can buy vinyl on ebay just do search of "vinyl signs" you will also need application tape I think it's available in 8" wide rolls which is perfect for the CR you wil need a small thin bladed knife such a a craft knife to help you weed off the excess vinyl and you will also need a squegee to to rub down the vinyl.
    Once you have cut and weeded your vinyl you lay the application tape over the image and rub with your squegee and when you are going to apply the vinyl you detach it from the original backing leaving it stuck to the application tape, hope this helps
    This seems like a bit of a roundabout way of doing it? I wonder if you couldn't cut in reverse, and then stick the other side on (like you do with the flock and flex? I haven't used vinyl yet, I guess there must be a reason to stick the other side... And instead of a squegee, would it be possilbe to use a brayer?

Karin

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    The reason for doing it in the way I've posted is that the vinyl is only sticky on one side and if you reversed the image and did'nt use app tape you'd not get the vinyl off the backing, it will become clearer when you've got the vinyl and app tape and you can use anything that's flat to rub down the vinyl

Loving Life on UKScrappers BevS97's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I only paid £2 post nd packing and it arrived the following day - I'm gonna needs some more soon, the pink is nearly gone.

Just had my first muckup, and of course it was on a rather large shape...

One of the mums at school spotted Molly wearing her 'M for Molly' t-shirt that I made yesterday, and asked me to make one for her dd Charlotte.... Back to the drawing board me thinks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

On the vinyl, you can get it off the backing, but it's very hard to keep it in shape to apply it. The Graphtex people suggested masking tape for a shape they cut out for me, but I just peeled it off like a big sticker and stuck it down, but for a complex shape, or one with multiple layers, you need something to apply it with.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BevS97
    I only paid £2 post nd packing and it arrived the following day - I'm gonna needs some more soon, the pink is nearly gone.

Just had my first muckup, and of course it was on a rather large shape...

One of the mums at school spotted Molly wearing her 'M for Molly' t-shirt that I made yesterday, and asked me to make one for her dd Charlotte.... Back to the drawing board me thinks.
    Who did you order from, Bev?

Love the "C is for.." idea! Bet you won't forget to mirror it again!

Karin

View Gallery

It was from the Transfer Press- I got 3 sheets of Flock, one Plotter Flex, and one Glitter Flex and the whole thing came to £16.23 including shipping - £3ish a sheet seems pretty reasonable to me.

View Gallery

It was from the Transfer Press- I got 3 sheets of Flock, one Plotter Flex, and one Glitter Flex and the whole thing came to £16.23 including shipping - £3ish a sheet seems pretty reasonable to me.
    I got 10 sheets, and it was well under 1 kg. We'll see if they get back to me!

What font did you use for the "C is for Charlotte" t-shirt? It's looks brilliant!

Karin

View Gallery

It is called Kristen ITC, here's one I did for Molly

View Gallery

It is called Kristen ITC, here's one I did for Molly
    Thanks

I just had an email from The Transfer Press and they say they made a mistake and will refund the full postage!

Karin

View Gallery

I have just been playing, and if you only have a small scrap, you can put it on the carrier sheet and cut out of that quite nicely. I used the 'Set Origin' command, and put my shapes in the lower left corner of the screen and it worked really well.

View Gallery

I just had an email from The Transfer Press and they say they made a mistake and will refund the full postage!

Karin
    that's good to know, I can see me ordering quite a bit from them so it's nice to know they are good to work with,

View Gallery

I am now getting a mark around the edge of the backing sheet (where I have cut it out), I definitely wasn't getting this yesterday - Molly's is crystal clear, but the back to front one has a mark, and I've just redone it and it also has a mark. These are different t-shirts, so maybe that's the problem? Anyone else having this?

View Gallery

I seem to be talking to myself, quite worrying really....

this is a bad photo but you can see the line I mean -it's more obvious in real life