Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (38)
    I've just had some pics taken by the same company as MJ & would second her opinion - fantastic people, fabulous pics & their prices are NOWHERE NEAR Venture's! There's a LO called "Dance" in my gallery if you're interested.
    Last edited by StarGazer; 19-06-2006 at 02:12 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (38)
    Ooops- double post!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I'm going to agree with both points of view - YES, I think Venture's prices are excessive, BUT they do have to cover the studio costs and the talent of the photographer. Realistically, unless you're really restrained and limit yourself to the one 7x5", you're going to end up paying the sitting fee through the cost of the additional photos. For a company like Venture, there's no way that £25 actually covers their costs. The cheap deal gets you through the door and they know they'll be able to make more money out of you once you've seen the shots.

I'd also second those who've pointed out that all over the country there are independent photographers who can achieve a similar style at a fraction of the cost. Find out about the local photographers in your area and look at their portofolios. Chances are you'll find a number of high-key (ie. Venture-style) shots there. And it's not very difficult to take similar shots yourself, as others have mentioned.
    Becks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Granted - the shots they showed me were gorgeous - especially the ones they presented in what they call the "panoramic" mode which aren't possible in the normal mode.

I did succumb to a bigger size of pic (upgraded to a 10x8).

I was subjected to the hard sell not only of the pictures but also their credit agreement, and their party plan - craftily presented as a way to get my paws on more shots if I persuaded at least 7 of my friends to come to a Venture party, and at least 5 of them bought vouchers..... I don't think so somehow!

In future I'll be searching out independents starting with Cheryl.
    Carolyn

lovin it, lovin it, lovin it wanna_scrap?'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Cheryl does venture shots at a fraction of the cost - Id totally recommend her if you live in the south. I urge you to go and see her website here
    If you live in the north I can do similar style shots to venture too and thanks to everyone who has given me a wee mention so far.

I think its dreadful Venture do the hard sell but they are an enterprise now and their adverysing budget would be hideous so the costs would only mirror that and they have to make a profit too.

Cheryl and I (note: we are both seperate businesses) can afford to keep costs low as we both work from home.
    love Kirsty xx

Design Team Member for: Rhonna Designs, Fantastic Ribbons

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I love all the photos I have seen on both Cheryl and Kirsty's sites (but I live in the midlands )I know Correna has taken Simba to a session and the results are fab, but I would adore some photos of us with Levi but I can't imagine anyone could do that as he is large and bouncy!! Any suggestions....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Ali Olan Mills will do it for you no probs (but you have to tell them when you book). They generally do the last session of the day as it is quieter (that may be just cos I was taking a parrot tho!) Trying to get next weeks sorted now- waiting for a call back.
    I tend to buy all the pics they do, in the smallest size (about 3 or 4" tall) Generally about £70 for the lot

The dream is in the making! donswish's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi was reading this thread the other day and thought i would have ago , my friend has this exact same shot of the babys back, ive recreated with my baby, desk lamp, blacksheet and a sony cybershot! im well chuffed i dont think ill bother with professional ones, iwas booked to have some done! dont think id manage group shots though!
    Attached Images Attached Images

AKA Julie, Joolz, Jules, Jools and Oi! scrap-happyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    WOW!! These are beautiful - well done you

I dreamt the other night that I was out buying sheets in a market and the man refused to sell them to me!! I was in such a panic

SCRAPBOOKSISTERS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    MY BLOG

Creating the Good Life annehafermann's Avatar
    View Gallery

Love Venture photos...some of my favorites...but WAY expensive. Have a friend that you used to be a photographer for them and she said the reason they charged so much is because MANY people are willing to pay that much...NOT ME!!

Creating the Good Life annehafermann's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by donswish
    Hi was reading this thread the other day and thought i would have ago , my friend has this exact same shot of the babys back, ive recreated with my baby, desk lamp, blacksheet and a sony cybershot! im well chuffed i dont think ill bother with professional ones, iwas booked to have some done! dont think id manage group shots though!

Too darn cute!!!

View Gallery

i love the venture effect, i agree they are VERY expensive though so being a skinflint i recreated the look at home with a white sheet and played with curves in photoshop to get a high key look - i know its not as good as i could get at venture and if money were no object i'd love some group shots but i'm happy with these.
    Love your ones with the black background donswish - may have to try that next!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by kate8679
    i love the venture effect, i agree they are VERY expensive though so being a skinflint i recreated the look at home with a white sheet and played with curves in photoshop to get a high key look - i know its not as good as i could get at venture and if money were no object i'd love some group shots but i'm happy with these.
    Love your ones with the black background donswish - may have to try that next!
    Kate, that photo (and your avatar photos) - simply stunning! Your little girl is beautiful
    Rudishoes, AKA Jo at It's A Creative World!

AKA Julie, Joolz, Jules, Jools and Oi! scrap-happyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    Kate, what a fantastic pic I REALLY must have a go myself...now where are my children??!!!

SCRAPBOOKSISTERS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    MY BLOG

View Gallery

thank you - have to admit that was a lucky shot - the vast majority came out more like this ....