Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: How much do YOU scrap?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • only a couple a month or less

40 33.06%
  • at least one a week

29 23.97%
  • between 1 and 3 a week

35 28.93%
  • at least 15 Lo's a month

6 4.96%
  • 20 lo's a month or more

11 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    we go to at least one kiddies party a month and i always take my camera ( the mum never has time to get those important memories) and i have had some lovely comments about my gift albums, sometimes i do 12x12 but normally i use 8x8 for a gift album, i also do 4 cj entries a month and on top of that i try and keep up to date with my current photos. if i manage all of that i get my oldies out and try and get them scrapped but they are much harder especially since i only have one photo of each event.

im a speed scrapper tho, i go for plain and simple, i put on the photos, the mats, journalling and a few pertinent embellies or ephemera. i dont create artwork like the masterpieces i see go across the top of UKS, i dont submit to mags. my scrapping is to get my memories saved to paper and card and preserve my photos as quickly as i can cos i have so much to to form a backlog before i started scrapping.

i think the point im trying to make is that it doesnt matter how much or how fast you scrap, its what you scrap that is important. i dont think that when you look back in 40 years time and see a nice layout in your albums that you will think " yeah that one only took me an hour" you will think "what a fabulous day that way, i loved that dress"
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Wow, I thought I was doing well, I started in January too, and I've done 2 albums, which technically is 40 LO's but quite a few are double, so on paper I've done less. I also did a mini book for a friend, and now I need to do copies of it for all the people involved, which is harder that doing the original. It just depends how many other meetings I've got each week, and if I 've got a crop. It'll be interesting to see if i get more done in the summer hols (iwork in a school) I should be decorating, but well.....
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    My first year I did shedloads and despaired of where on earth I was going to store all the albums. But I have slowed way down. I did something like 12 or 13 cybercrop weekend, and then did 1 for the next month or so. I have done 3, nearly 4 since Saturday and that is a LOT for me. So I figure in normal conditions a couple a month! But then I am doing altered stuff and CJs and so on too, so that isn't all I am doing.

Just happy scrappin'! scrap-happy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    i think that's the difference - i haven't got into the idea of altering stuff at all yet. I'm not in any circle journals and have only done one mini book, for my brothers wedding. So LO's are still my main focus - and my biggest probelm is running out of pics to scrap. When i started I went through all the old albums and took out all the 'good' pictures, then put the rest back in the loft. I have since learnt that just because it isnt a 'publishers quality' photo, doesn't mean it isnt worth scrapping - but DS is reluctant to go into the loft and find the albums AGAIN!!
    Circle Of Friends CJ - i've got ... Wings - 2 to go!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I haven't done any scrapping for about a month seems I am a winter scrapper... I usually only get chance to scrap on a Sunday when dh and ds have a boys day... but now it is nice we tend to be out in the garden together.... still winters are long enough so I am not too concerned... at least I will have plenty of photos to go at

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have said one a week as an average..I can only scrap during quiet times of the year, but when I do get a queit time I make up for it...like 15 in the last 3 weeks...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I do about 30 - 40 layouts a month, on average. I am a speedy scrapper and some months I don't do much but it's usually because I've run out of photos!

If I have a project (like a gift album) I love it as I can do lots in a few days. But I don't just like completing pages for the sake of it - I only use meaningful photos and this is why I often run out. I do have some lying around but they aren't good enough to scrap "just because" I've run out.

I scrap maybe 2 or 3 evenings a week (I work full time and have a toddler) and I also get to one full day crop a month so that helps. It all fits - I just have to be organized!
    Claudia
    Read my blog!
    Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it.
    Oprah Winfrey, marathon finisher

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Never seem to get the time these days Sunday mornings when dh is golfing is my time, and then maybe get half a LO done at our monthly crop ( if I'm lucky LOL ) so had to opt for 1-2 per month
    Lyn

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Since my hubby started working nights (and also have no kids!) I have found that I have so much more time to scrap, have done 2 LO's this week and am hoping to do 2 more and that will complete my first album.

Don't know if its because I am still new to it but I am so additcted, cant wait to start my next album. I have already sorted out the photos and bought paper and embellishments!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    Sometimes I manage loads & loads a week but others like now I manage about 1 possibly 2 a week

I'm a Scraphazard!!
    Eventually joined the blogging community!

Life is for living, even when you are sad. lauralou2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (40)
    I usually do 1 or 2 a week, depending on how busy i am.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    It depends on so many other factors - what else is happening in life etc. But I usually aim for 20 LOs per month at least and this month managed to print and put together an A-Z album I've been working on, a mini album and working in an art journal so there have been lots of extras.

I'm simple scrapper too - I don't agonise over the LOs too much, just think about them lots before I actually get time to sit down to scrap. By the time I've cleared the table and the time to scrap I've got several LOs ready to go and often have put the photos and papers together as well in a previous five minute burst or two.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Sheesh....how depressing this thread is! Think I'll slip off to my craft table and get busy..... does THINKING about scrapping count?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneH
    Sheesh....how depressing this thread is! Think I'll slip off to my craft table and get busy..... does THINKING about scrapping count?
    If it does I'd be well up the league table!!! It's this forum which gets in the way!! I sit down to start and then go online and that's the end of that! Added to the fact that I'm a 'slow scrapper' anyway which means a cupboard full of stash and not an awful lot of layouts to show for it! The main thing is I ENJOY MYSELF
    Sally

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I always seem to take so long just doing one LO, but I just love playing around with all the lovely papers and embellishments, so I guess so long as I'm enjoying it, it really doesn't matter how many. I do admire all you avid scrappers though.