Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Forget my last message -- my email has been playing up and wasn't showing the attachment icon on the last message I saw from Shimelle. Closing my Outlook and re-opening it seems to have given it a 'boot up the backside'

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by cw18
    Forget my last message -- my email has been playing up and wasn't showing the attachment icon on the last message I saw from Shimelle. Closing my Outlook and re-opening it seems to have given it a 'boot up the backside'
    Glad you've found it

Loving Life on UKScrappers BevS97's Avatar
    View Gallery

Do you know how to do rules? I have all messages from Shimelle@gmail.com going into a seperate folder so they don't get lost in the myriad of chatty emails.
    that is working really well for me, the chatty ones are there if I want to read them, and the important ones are easy to find.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Any idea where it is on the archive? I can't see it (but then I often miss the wood cos of the trees!)

Cancel that, I found it! Told you I was chronic!
    Pauline x

My Blog

One Woman ATC Explosion flobble21's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Patience, ladies. I suspect Shimelle is just snowed under because of laptop problems, and she works during the day too, so I would expect things to be a bit hectic at first. Even though I changed to digest format I've still got over fourteen emails today, so as soon as Shimelle sorts out getting the instructions to us I'm going to have to unsubscribe to the chat, because other stuff is getting buried (what I do find deeply exasperating, though, is people who reply to a message and attach all previous messages to the bottom of it, so you are getting the same stuff repeated over and over again... takes seconds to wield that delete button, so why don't people do so?...).

Hopefully will upload my cover and title page to my gallery tonight. They look very little like the examples...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Quote Originally Posted by flobble21
    Patience, ladies. I suspect Shimelle is just snowed under because of laptop problems, and she works during the day too, so I would expect things to be a bit hectic at first. Even though I changed to digest format I've still got over fourteen emails today, so as soon as Shimelle sorts out getting the instructions to us I'm going to have to unsubscribe to the chat, because other stuff is getting buried (what I do find deeply exasperating, though, is people who reply to a message and attach all previous messages to the bottom of it, so you are getting the same stuff repeated over and over again... takes seconds to wield that delete button, so why don't people do so?...).

Hopefully will upload my cover and title page to my gallery tonight. They look very little like the examples...
    I do understand what you're saying, but it is just VERY frustrating to hear people having success with the messages from 8.30 in the morning when some of us have had nothing. I can sympathise with laptop probs (cos my laptop screen is broken at the moment so I have it connected to a monitor...very portable!!) but this is a class which was due to start today, which we have paid for, which we're wanting to do! It's been a wasted day for me because I've had to keep checking spam folders/junk folders, also check on uks to see if there have been updates from Shimelle as well as trawl through the archives My brain is mush....mind you, I have learned something new....how to grin and bear it
    Pauline x

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BevS97
    Do you know how to do rules? I have all messages from Shimelle@gmail.com going into a seperate folder so they don't get lost in the myriad of chatty emails.
    that is working really well for me, the chatty ones are there if I want to read them, and the important ones are easy to find.

I am on AOL so not sure how something like that would work, I will have a look and see if I can work something out in the manage email bit, might see if I can put the learn something new in a seperate place then as you say they can be looked at at leisure

Anne

Word for the year - Positive fionaken's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Havent actually done any scrapping yet, but have managed to print out the files, found stickers and ordered them, going to use my Heidi Swapp album,still to decide on colours.
    Fiona
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anso
    Please everyone take a deep breath and relax a little

Like with cyber crop classes, you do NOT need to have the exact stash to do something like this. Just use what YOU have and do what YOU want. It's supposed to be something fun. Not something stressful

I always feel very sorry for people when I read about the panic of "not be able to get something you need" before CCs etc. As long as you have enough sheets of cardstock etc that go reasonably well together, it really doesn't matter what colours they are.

I'm doing mine just by using my existing stash. I do not have 3 different colours of cardstock and six sheets of each, nor do I have the stickers. It doesn't mean that my album will be "worse" than anyone elses. I will just use the same colours (different shades) or stick to a range of colours. I'm using muted colours of greens, browns and reds and haven't even worried about getting all the cardstock out that I need. I will just pick what might fit good as and when I need another colour of cardstock.

I can understand that some of you want to do this and follow it 100%, but please don't forget that you don't HAVE to, this is your album and you should do it how you want (with Shimelle's guidelines). So don't forget to take a deep breath, have fun and do what you like.

Here is my album cover (I have made it from scratch so I wanted to get it done ahead of time) and here is my title page if anyone wants to take a look.

well said Anso!! i have bought card and paper coz i had seen them in the shop a few days ago and really wanted to find something to do with them!! But I do not have any stickers, I am making up my own accents and embellies as I go along.

Here is my title page

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Hi ladies.

The good news is that my resident techno guru will be home in about thirty minutes. From there, I can send the messages directly to you and you may unsubscribe from the list if you prefer. I won't be sending any more prompts directly through the list, so if you would like to unsubscribe, you can do so now and you won't miss anything.

Once the outgoing mail is working, I will resend the three attachments to everyone's individual email. If you already have them, great. Go ahead and delete the spares. If you haven't, you'll have everything ready to go. You can set up a folder for all your class prompts in your documents on your computer, and then they will all be there ready for your reference.

In about an hour, I will remove the sign up button for this class from my website. That way no one else will feel lost if they sign up while I am not at my computer. I hate the image of you sitting there waiting when you've just signed up, when I'm doing something mundane like picking up something for dinner!

Once the individual emails have gone out, I will post here. If you do not receive them, please email me directly so I may put it right straight away. I am trying to watch this thread, but it is sometimes difficult to match up UKS names with email addresses, and more than once I have tried to help the wrong person. Getting everyone receiving mail correctly this evening is my top priority.

Lastly, to anyone who is worried about having a certain colour or item in your stash, please don't fret too much. This album is about you, not me. Use what you love! If you have papers lingering in your stash because you are saving them for something just right, go for it. That's something we'll talk about a bit more later this evening, I should think. But I'm sorting the email first before we get on to the fancy stuff!

Thanks ladies.

One Woman ATC Explosion flobble21's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Hope this works, I'm not very computer savvy and a bit useless at fancy stuff like links.

Hopefully, below, are the links to my cover and title page. Unfortunately I processed the cover photo sideways for some unfathomable reason and that is the way it's uploaded. I think it still makes sense, though ...

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopo...6&limit=recent

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopo...88478&cat=5191

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by shimelle
    Hi ladies.

The good news is that my resident techno guru will be home in about thirty minutes. From there, I can send the messages directly to you and you may unsubscribe from the list if you prefer. I won't be sending any more prompts directly through the list, so if you would like to unsubscribe, you can do so now and you won't miss anything.

Once the outgoing mail is working, I will resend the three attachments to everyone's individual email. If you already have them, great. Go ahead and delete the spares. If you haven't, you'll have everything ready to go. You can set up a folder for all your class prompts in your documents on your computer, and then they will all be there ready for your reference.

In about an hour, I will remove the sign up button for this class from my website. That way no one else will feel lost if they sign up while I am not at my computer. I hate the image of you sitting there waiting when you've just signed up, when I'm doing something mundane like picking up something for dinner!

Once the individual emails have gone out, I will post here. If you do not receive them, please email me directly so I may put it right straight away. I am trying to watch this thread, but it is sometimes difficult to match up UKS names with email addresses, and more than once I have tried to help the wrong person. Getting everyone receiving mail correctly this evening is my top priority.

Lastly, to anyone who is worried about having a certain colour or item in your stash, please don't fret too much. This album is about you, not me. Use what you love! If you have papers lingering in your stash because you are saving them for something just right, go for it. That's something we'll talk about a bit more later this evening, I should think. But I'm sorting the email first before we get on to the fancy stuff!

Thanks ladies.
    Thanks Shimelle that will be useful

Anne

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (131)
    Emma I love your title page and cover
    Anita - Meerkats rule ... !

Arty Farty 12 days swap, Christmas 12 says swap, Christmas stocking swap
    Decorated notebook swap

sticking stuff
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (57)
    shimelle, i feel sorry for you hun! i completely messed it up aswell!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Help yourself to a nice bottle or two of wine Shimelle, that should do the trick.

I've put my title page into my gallery but I can never remember how to do a link.
    Swaps: Christmas Stocking Swap

My Blog
    http://bluemoocrafts.typepad.com/my-blog/