Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guess whose been to specsavers??? Ali M's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)

Christmas script stamp..

Hi all..
    my first post over here on the card making part..great to have found it tho...

anyway back to the point!!
    im looking for a Christmas writing/verse sort of stamp that I can use as a back ground..any one know somewhere I could get hold of one ??

Many thanks
    xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    I don't know where to get them in the UK, but have found these...

Rubber Stampede

DeNami Design

Guess whose been to specsavers??? Ali M's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)
    ooo,thanks Cheryl..its something like the first one that i have in my mind!!..
    cheers
    xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Try UKS sponsor CleverCut - they have some great value clear stamps, including a Christmas border and a background script stamp - I have a Silent Night one, which I intend using for simple cards with a raised star in front

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    You could also try creating a script background yourself - I think there are probably a number of suitable fonts around. I've done this for some of my (non Christmas) cards, e.g. this one

where I found a closeish match to the writing on the stamp to print the front of my card.

Rosemary

How many peeps can you get in a photo booth? Boo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I've found the Rubber Stampede script one for you on Calico Crafts (sponsor).

Can I ask a question? I'm not an experienced stamper and I've forgotten how to stamp an image over a background stamp but not in the place you have the stamped image? Does that make sense? Someone told me once but I've forgotten.

I Love Scrappy Goodies lislescrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Rosemary I love your card! The script goes so well with it all.
    Gill

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by charliebutton
    I've found the Rubber Stampede script one for you on Calico Crafts (sponsor).

Can I ask a question? I'm not an experienced stamper and I've forgotten how to stamp an image over a background stamp but not in the place you have the stamped image? Does that make sense? Someone told me once but I've forgotten.
    sounds like masking

stamp an image onto the card and onto the sticky end of a post-it pad. cut round the image on the post-it, then stick this over the image on the card. when you stamp the next part, some of it will go onto the post-it (which protects the original).

not so sure that this makes sense either

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cw18
    sounds like masking

stamp an image onto the card and onto the sticky end of a post-it pad. cut round the image on the post-it, then stick this over the image on the card. when you stamp the next part, some of it will go onto the post-it (which protects the original).

not so sure that this makes sense either
    That's it! Whoohooo, you are very good at interpreting my ramblings, thank you.

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    .... and stamp the image before the background - probably obvious but in my coming-down-with-a-cold and sinus headache state of fuzzy brain it doesn't seem that obvious to me!
    I've just got that stamp - was using it only last night and thinking how fab it was and how it's likely to get used year after year.
    Managed to get the Rubber Stampede santa stamp too
    Hils

View Gallery

Hils, is that the Santa Collage stamp you got? I got that too. Have been after it for a long while ... it keeps selling out you know as it's so popular.

Hope you feel better soon. {{{hugs}}}

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Yes Boo, that's the one - I struggled to find it this year cos its so popular (think they only release limited numbers of it too?) but eventually found it - funnily enough at Calico Crafts! It's currently being put to good use with an alcohol ink background
    Thanks for the get well hugs
    Hils

Family History Fanatic. stillscrapping's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Ali M
    ooo,thanks Cheryl..its something like the first one that i have in my mind!!..
    cheers
    xx

If you still need it I have a stamp like that here!!
    Julie.

Follow your arrow where ever it points

So much to do, so little time... Calico Crafts Helen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Evening all - now I know why we've run out of the Rubber Stampede Christmas Sayings background stamp before our next delivery!

With Rubber Stampede Christmas stamps, we keep very good stocks but a combination of a mention here (much appreciated of course ), plus a magazine featuring the stamp without pre-warning us, we've rapidly run out They are on re-order and expected shortly, so if you've ordered this from us and are on back order, please rest assured you'll get first dibs! If you would like this stamp and haven't ordered, please pm me so I can keep you informed.

We've been stocking Rubber Stampede stamps since the year dot, and unlike other stamp companies they only manufacture a certain amount of their Christmas designs every year, so once their stock is gone that's it until the following year (and a few are discontinued every couple of years, but then new designs are brought out - the retro Chrimbo ones are particularly fabby!).

We still have a few of the Santa Collage stamps left, but once he's gone that's it for the year. He's now become a classic, so I can't see him being properly retired for a while yet!

Unfortunately this has created a certain "myth" like status to certain designs such as Santa Collage - every year we see him selling on Ebay as a discontinued or rare stamp for ridiculous prices (up to $80 last year!). This is silly as his correct UK retail price is £7.30 including VAT. Last year we ordered 600 which sold within 8 weeks, this year we've ordered even more and we're now down to less than 30 - I think we'll soon need an extension just for him!

BTW, it's great to finally see a cardmakers forum on UKS as we stock more card making goodies than scrapping stuff - although mind you there's plenty of unique scrapping stuff to whet your whistle! So hurrah to MA/Smax for getting this section up and running

Best Regards - Helen

View Gallery

I saw Santa Collage on eBay at ridiculous prices last year -- having seen a mention of it on another (card making) forum. Really wanted it, but wasn't prepared to pay that. A couple of days later I nipped into a shop near work which has a very limited selection of stamps (mostly Anita's), and there he was.......

Only used him for one card last year, but have plans this time around