Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    but surely the new drive should have come with a 12 month warranty, so it's not expired.......

previously known as Kelley Coulson. Kelley S's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Thats what i thought, which is why i got trading standards involved (was also told by someone on here to mention the word Watchdog to them too lol) PC World have written back to me and i now have to get an independant engineers report before they will look into it further. Then if the fault is down to the hard drive (which i'm certain it is) then they will fix it and give me a refund for the engineers report.
    Week 7 - total lost 19lbs

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Kelly, it may possibly be a faulty motherboard in the lap top which is causing the hard drives to fail. I had this happen some years ago with the first PC I owned: I had to have practically everything in it replaced in the first few months I had it - some parts several times, before they discovered it was the motherboard... It must have cost them well over the price of the PC for all those parts! But after that it was the most reliable machine I've owned.

And back to labels: I make my own with the tiny 65 to a sheet ones. I've usually bought plain white ones, but I was lucky enough to get some clear ones last year on ebay - at a silly price, and with a second pack thrown in free! Enough to last a lifetime almost.

Like Andy Pandy, I print details on the backs of most of my cards for fundraising, and for my other cards I use the labels. Some of them have a background image, and I've got a desk top publishing program which will let me add an image behind the text... But what I did in Word was to make two templates, one with just the image and one with text; that way I can print with or without the background. I print the image version off first if I'm using it, and then put the sheet through again to print the text. Avery (used to) do wizards/templates for all their different label sizes to use in Word - you could download them from their site.

Rosemary