Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)

Medallion Cards -- Qs and whereabouts of on line instructions?

So I've finally got a medallion stamp, glue and glitters.....

tried to stamp it (using Stazon) onto the one and only sheet of acetate I own, and it's messed up the acetate completely -- stamp kept sliding, and won't clean to clear

Having had a dig, the only other possible replacement for the acetate I've found is some Inkjet Transparencies (and heaven knows where they came from!! probably a desk/cupboard clearout at work, when they always tell us to bin everything!)

Don't know whether this will work or not, especially as one side is textured (but looks clear when held to light). Which side do you think I should try stamping on?

I'm pretty certain I had a magazine ages ago with some instructions, but I can't find it. I don't even know whether I glue/glitter on the inked side or the reverse?

So does anyone know where I can find instructions for making one of these on-line????

Need to get the card made for Saturday, so may have to come up with something totally different if I can't get going on this tomorrow morning

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Why does it have to be on acetate ??

View Gallery

though that was the norm to get the shine?!?!?!?

all the examples I've seen in stores are on acetate....

View Gallery

I've used heaps of different backgrounds .... pearlised card, normal card, glossy card .... and then i've either used sparkly gel pens to 'colour' in, or glue and glitter .... but mainly I use stickles.

If you want a glossy effect on acetate or glossy card - a Stazon or a Brilliance ink pad would be better. There is a nack to stamping on acetate and glossy card tho, as your rubber stamp will automatically go to slip .... its practice, practice, practice.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    I've always stamped & heat embossed the medallion several times on card, cut them out in various stages of the patern & put it together with foam squares. Then used stickles to glitter it up a bit. Not as glittery as the acetate version but just as nice and easier to find card!

I'm a Scraphazard!!
    Eventually joined the blogging community!

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure! Julie-Ann's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    If it's a True medalion stamp we have lots of the cutting sheets for them. Let me know which number it is and I'll see if we have one tomorrow.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    Snap with the stickles!

I'm a Scraphazard!!
    Eventually joined the blogging community!

Simply MAD about cyber crops! suffolkscrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    They also look fantastic done on several bits of coordinated card - heat embossed and then decopaged ala jane nestorenko (sp?) on create and craft

i have done them on acetate cheryl using inkjet transparencies and i use stazon on the textured side and glue on that side - that way when the glue has dried from the front (glossy) side you will see the stazon very clearly and its all very shiny.
    Cherry
    Samba 06, Hufflepuff Head Girl 06, Hearts 07 Completely Crackers 07 Comedy King 08 Wicked Tin-Man 09 Top Hat 10 Jingle Belle 10 Scholars 12

Simply MAD about cyber crops! suffolkscrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    ooops looks like we were all posting at the same time hahahah
    Cherry
    Samba 06, Hufflepuff Head Girl 06, Hearts 07 Completely Crackers 07 Comedy King 08 Wicked Tin-Man 09 Top Hat 10 Jingle Belle 10 Scholars 12

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Julie - Ann
    If it's a True medalion stamp we have lots of the cutting sheets for them. Let me know which number it is and I'll see if we have one tomorrow.
    no idea if it's a 'true' one or not.... local craft shop didn't have many in, and they all seemed to be the same make.

has 'creative stamping 2004' stamped onto one side, and a sticky label that says HH 1109 H on the opposite side.

what's a cutting sheet?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Yes stamping on acetate is just a case of practise till you get the knack, I normally use a Brilliance Ink Pad and then glitter on the stamped side, then when it's all dry it looks lovely on the other side iykwim.

Also stamp and emboss several times on various different colours of card and build them up

Sometimes I use the embossable acetate with just a normal versamark clear pad and gold embossing powder - looks lush (when I do it embossed I generally glitter the embossed side and have that as the front )
    Lyn

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The creative stamping ones are the true medallions The cutting sheets are a guide to show you which bits you can cut out to build up 3D like. Although the best thing about a medallions is the fact that by cutting different parts out you can get a different look every time, they are basically stamps within a stamp.

hth
    Lyn

View Gallery

made a mental note in the shop of how the sample had been cut to layer it up -- just hoping I can remember as I go

View Gallery

Cheryl it won't matter ... do what YOU think looks right.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yeah just play and have fun with it - you'll get loads of different looks depending on how you cut it out
    Lyn