Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper princessmowgli's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Quote Originally Posted by sallywl
    I am a complete newbie and feel the pain that Joannes friends and family are feeling as I have just lost a very dear long-term friend of the family who I have known all me life

I havent started scrapping yet, so i cant really join in
    Despite having lots of stuff I too have NEVER scrapped a page yet. I did do a RAK LO with space to add a pic & then this piece so I too have to START scrapping.
    It's the thought that counts so I guess anything that you feel you can offer will be one more than she'll recieve otherwise. I was kacking myself deciding what to do & decided I was worrying too much so went with quotes & phrases about smiles

Sonia

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Ok if i can manage it in time I want to do a pastel pic.... with some kind of inspirational quote or short poem, does anyone know what kind of things Joanne likes? or what kinda of person she is?

As I am in a lot of pain at the mo ( dodgy back and neck) so finding my mind thinking of that rather than happy things.... feeling a bit bad feeling sorry for myself!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

OK my art is quite limited... i thought a bout a pic of a sunset over a coast with the quote "Friendship is a horizon-- which expands whenever we approach it " or is that a bit cheesy?

quote by E. R. Hazlip

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I just wanted to say I don't think it matters if you know Joanne or not (I don't) or if you are concerned about the quality of your page or if it has the latest papers or embellishments - all that matters is that Joanne gets a book that has been made with love.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Quote Originally Posted by sallywl
    OK my art is quite limited... i thought a bout a pic of a sunset over a coast with the quote "Friendship is a horizon-- which expands whenever we approach it " or is that a bit cheesy?

quote by E. R. Hazlip
    Not cheesy at all

One day I'll be organised ... song's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I personally think that is great - not cheesy however cheesy is making a come back! There was a whole thread about it appeared 2 days ago - or was it yesterday?

I agree with Susan just doing a page and creating a smile is what counts. I took a quick look at Joanne's gallery to get an idea of her style - it may help.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

well it kinda worked
    Last edited by sallywl; 27-10-2006 at 03:42 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I think as scrappers we are our own worst critics but I do know that if I am given something made by a fellow scrapper I recognise the time and effort and thought that went into its giving and appreciate it, so whether this is your first attempt or not, just go ahead and stick it down and post it off. I don't know Joanne but I do know that women stick together when times get difficult - rally around and make life a little easier for each other - its what the female of the species is so good at!
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

I prefer lie downs to sit ups! Sprogpaws's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I think as scrappers we are our own worst critics but I do know that if I am given something made by a fellow scrapper I recognise the time and effort and thought that went into its giving and appreciate it, so whether this is your first attempt or not, just go ahead and stick it down and post it off. I don't know Joanne but I do know that women stick together when times get difficult - rally around and make life a little easier for each other - its what the female of the species is so good at!
    I agree completely, and I also think it's not the quality of the page that's going to matter most to Joanne, or her family, or even the words that are on it - I think what is going to matter most is that there are so many people here thinking of her, and wanting to send their very best wishes. She'll know that people have taken time out of their lives to do something just for her, and I think the fact that we've all cared enough to do that is what's really going to touch her, and light up the joy in her eyes. So don't worry about being new to scrapbooking, or let that put you off joining in - this really is one of the occasions where the old cliche 'it's the thought that counts' really does apply.

Dedicated Scrapper princessmowgli's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Well this was my effort & like has been said before.....it really is the thought that counts. The object is to brighten her day & I'm sure this book will, each & every page.

Sonia
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by princessmowgli; 27-10-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Here's my page Kirsty- will put it in the post in the morning

Credits to Ellsese for the idea for the LO - taken from her Lcc CC a couple of weeks ago

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I've put my page in my gallery as I'm really pleased with it. You can find it here. I will try to get it in the post to you tomorrow Kirsty.

I've just read all through the thread and looked at everyone's who has posted - they are all super lovely!
    Last edited by ezziestar; 27-10-2006 at 09:49 PM.
    Erin

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Oh wow - all your pages are fabulous - Joanne will love them.

Love diamonds and glitz diamonddiva's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    oh wow - there are some fab pages. I forgot to photograph mine and thanks to my team mates on Scrap Sisters who have also done a lo as well - thanks ladies. x x x
    Scrap Sister Team Member
    Points for August:
    60 lo's, 0 dlo's, 0 albums, 1 exploding boxes 50 points,Total=110 points
    Gorgeous George Michael-Swoon(My picture taken at Manchester 15/6/07 in the Circle Of Faith)!!!

View Gallery

Here's my effort, I'm quite new at this lark (just a year) and although my page's not perfect, I know Joanne will appreciate everyone's efforts - and the whole point is to send some "sunshine" and love to her. The second pic. is the tag that's attached to the page. FAB efforts everyone!

For-Joanne.jpg jo-tag.jpg