Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Selling a Cardmaking Business

I have finally decided to sell my wedding stationery business , and I was just wondering if anyone on here could give advice on how best to sell it.

Many thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    i take my samples into a couple of wedding shops and leave them and the ladies there show them to people they take 10% of what the order is also a couple of cateres also have samples and by word of mouth when you have done a couple of weddings people will tell other people and im sure you will get going easily ive done quite a few profits not great but i do like doing them i also offer to do the couple a wedding album at a fair price if they use me for invatitons good luck hope it works out for you, i would say do a lot of samples up when you first start it helped me

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    If you are selling a business then I guess the first thing would be to put together a profile as in what will be included in the selling price ie any stock/supplies that you currently have, and if you have a website would that be part of the deal - domain etc.

Also I suppose a prospective buyer would want to see details of accounts to see what sort of turn-over they could expect.
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    As far as I know Daltons Weekly is the standard place to advertise businesses for sale. Don't know how much it costs though.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    oops read the tread wrong thought you were starting a business not selling sorry

So many ideas, so little time .... Mole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris22
    oops read the tread wrong thought you were starting a business not selling sorry
    Pay attention at the back there

Member of the BLUE BRADS and SCRAP & TICKLE teams.
    http://molescreations.blogspot.com/

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    If you are selling a business, any business, the asking price with reflect what turnover you are doing and your customer base.
    Maybe you could look at just selling your designs to a big company to mass produce.

Good luck
    Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    Could it not be a bit tricky to sell a business that is based on your designs and creativity, unless you have an employed designer, or plan to carry on designing with someone else owning it? As without the designer, the business can't carry on, and someone different would probably have a completely different style?
    Debbie

Eco CJ

somewhere among the basic grey and daisybucket papers
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    mmm a tricky one to answer wothout knowing what would be included in the sale ,if its just your album with lots of designs in ,then i would say we probably all have our own anyway .
    however if its some sort of equipment incl ,tools and card stock with a list of clients then a bit easier to sell these on ,but not really sure how you can sell a business thats based on clients ,as you would a normal business as most people have the wedding stationery and then go ,,,,and dont need your services again til a christening or a second marriage
    its not like you are selling a shop and its stock