Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    my ribbon store idea came from ikea it is a kitchen utensil rail with S hooks I thread my ribbon on to paperclips then they hook on to the S hooks IYKWIM
    (check my pic above)
    A winning Mambo CC virgin, A winning Slytherin Student, Hearts Ace in the pack, Completely Crackers!!, a winning Drama Queen, undercover with Interpol, TL Toto's, TL the Monopoly SHIP to Victory, TL the winning Christmas Fairies, Team Leading the Scholars

previously known as Kelley Coulson. Kelley S's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoonjules
    OK here's my floss baggy thing - I have about 20 different colour themed bundles like this.....
    Snap. I do the same thing. I have conti board shelves on the wall, so i put cup hooks in the edge of the shelve so they hang down and have one book ring off each hook. They are sorted into colour on each ring and then ones with writing on are on a different ring. It means they are dust free and means i can see at a glace what i want.

ETA- I didnt use floss bags. I used book rings from Staples. Then used grip bags (use them in swaps, can be found in sponsers shops) and then i punch a hole in the corner to hook on hole. I sometimes put a hole reinforcer over the hole if i use one particular ribbon a lot, just so the hole dont pull out of shape.
    Week 7 - total lost 19lbs

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy
    I have ordered three of those ribbon ring things, they look fab!

I ordered two, thought it would look fab hanging from my AMM tote

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Thanks all so far
    Those Ikea things look good, thanks, will have to start looking around after pay day!
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    here's how I did mine....you can see the variations of storage I had....from behind the door shoe racks and shoe boxes for spools, and shoe box size clear containers full of baggies of rolled ribbons.

I finally had to chuck all the ziplock baggies because I had to go into too many containers within containers to dig. I really wanted something that I could see all at once.

I'm now using this system and am completely thrilled. The ribbon wrap boards are from a US company called magistical memories, who I know has a UK distributor, who is a UKS sponser. The clear box is the 12x12 Artbin Super Satchel. I have 4 of these artbins, possibly 5..lol...full of ribbons. Each box has close to 300 types of ribbons I think.

I have them organised by colour.

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...3&postcount=29

View Gallery

Ching, your first picture is like what I want, then I would only need to unravel as much of that particular ribbon as I need. So no mess and no time tidying up. Plus they would all look so pretty on display!
    I know it would take some doing, but I'd be willing to do a bit here and a bit there. Just need to find something similar but on a larger scale and with thinner rods.
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Natlie, yes, I found the girth of the rods I had to be particularly challenging so I had to make do by making the holes within the spools bigger.

I also found that I had to deal with dust with that system. So display was nice as I could see them all like that, I just really wanted a more compact system to store all that I had.

good luck in finding a similar system in UK. I'd imagine your Pound store? or tesco? or costco? or even Ikea?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)
    I adore ribbon and I've tried everything re. storage ... card wraps, spools, floss bags, coat hangers, assorted rails, storage jars, tins, glass jars, plastic drawers, boxes with little holes drilled in them to thread the ribbon through, baskets ... you name it, I've tried it !
    I've resorted to the simplest, cheapest and easiest method to date which is three large boxes from Paperchase with everything piled in !! Two are multi coloured stripes and I use one for hot colours and the other for cool colours and one black and white box for all the neutrals ! They don't get tangles, I can see everything at a glance and I never have to iron them and I don't have to spend hours winding them round little cards and things !
    I should say that I also have other boxes for all my carded ribbons and another for spools !!!
    Not great for transporting to crops but then I tend to do more scrpping at home and only take what I know I'll need for a class or crop !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Blog

Claire

love this pic thanks to cheryl at feel good photos deejaz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Hi I keep all my ribbons on wooden clothes pegs and store them in my Mimi stamp tote which great for being able to see what i have got and to take to crops and keeps them clean

Denise xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I bought a kitchen roll holder for my ribbons spools and realise its too thick for the spools

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Some say that I have a ribbon problem - but I have solved the storage issue and they are clearly visible and still easily strokeable.
    I use chrome shower rings from tesco (about £2.50 for 12) one ring for each colour (although my pink and green rings are now full to bursting so might have to start a second ring for these colours)! ATM one ring for fibres.
    One large hinged ring holds all the rings together and the thumbnail shows the pink ring all ready to take to a crop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    My ribbons are sorted by colour, and then stored in transparent pencil cases. (The kind that have a coloured zip along the top). They cost me 14p each in Tesco last August, and work well for me. Some colours are split into plain/patterned, or dark/light, depending on volumes. I then stack all the pencil cases, zip down, in an open shoebox (altered, naturally!), so that I can find any colour instantly.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I have tried the ribbons shoved in the jar, didn't work for me, I have tried the little baggies and rings but got fed up having to keep opening the bags. Mine are now stored on the Ribbon Wraps from Rebeccas Scrapbooking Stash and stored perfectly in a RUB 5L size so they are dust free and easily accessible/transportable.
    xTanyax

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I started with kitchen roll/ plotter paper rolls (cut down) ... but they kept unravelling! So I'm now using baggies (I got a load in dollarama when in Canada) on book rings with a hole punched in the bit above the ziplock. I don't seem to have the numbers of ribbons that others have ... so it sort of goes on a colour spectrum. It works well for me as I can clip it to my Lakeland craft bag thing.

Then the spools (most of which I got in Canada this summer ... its light/ fab/ cheaper ... I went a bit ribbon mad!) are in one of the metal lunch boxes Asda did, it was meant to be altered but still hasn't been ... hmm something for after the holidays albums have been done.

Oh dear all this talk of ribbon makes me want to go and have a visit to our local (and cheap) fabric shop and its huge range of ribbons and rik rak! Must resist on Stash diet .....

Caz

View Gallery

That's what I've got now chocolatee ee, ribbons in jars sorted by hot and cool colours but I just can't ever get to the one I want, which is usually at the bottom, without making a mess.
    Dust isn't too much of a problem as my work area is under a tall double cabin bed.
    I think I'm going to have to build the storage solution I'm after as I just haven't seen anything like it yet. Might wait until after I've been to Florida next month and see what I find there.
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days