Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: Craft robo II or Quickutz silhouette?????

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Craft robo II

20 71.43%
  • QK Silhouette

8 28.57%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper Traceys-crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I am hoping to get mine tomorrow or Thursday, its already on its way

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Going to order a Silhouette as soon as some money lands in my account. Was convinced I was going for the Robo but after learning about the QK today I've changed my mind.
    Not happy about only a 90-day warranty, thought all electrical items came with a minimum 1-year guarantee if bought in the UK?
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Sorry to be a thicko, but can someone explain what l can actually cut out with these machines. Do l have to use PSP?, l do have it but l'm hopeless with it. If it relies on being savvy with this sort of programme then it will probably be a waste of money. Can l import jpegs into it?. l'm afraid l'm quite happy pootling along with publisher . l have adobe 4 and coreldraw too but don't have the patience to learn

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure! Julie-Ann's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Hi Molly, we have some info on our site here or you can go direct to QK site here. Should answer all your questions. HTH.

View Gallery

Molly I have seen the Robo in action and it's not as hard as it looks once you've watched a few times. You can use any font on your computer to cut out lettering, or any dingbat font shape, or you can insert a picture and it will cut round any outlines once you tell it to. They really are fantastic.
    The Silhouette is meant to be even easier than that too and if you don't like doing it yourself there are new releases every fortnight so you should never be stuck for something to cut.
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    if you don't like doing it yourself there are new releases every fortnight so you should never be stuck for something to cut.
    You would never be stuck for something to cut anyway, just look in the Craft Robo Templates forum at all the lovely designs these robo ladies create and share, shapes, borders, frames, welded titles, its a fabulous resourse

View Gallery

Good point Joanne. I presume these can be used with the Silhouette now too?
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    As long as the Silhouette can cut GSD files then yes they can, If you pop over to the craft robo froum and do a search for Silhouette or QK we have had a few threads of our own running.

Or just ask, I'm sure Silhouette owners will start appearing on the forum now, so take the plunge and jump in, especially if you are thinking of getting one

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi

I too am interested in this thread - trying to decide between a CR and a silhouette, swaying towards the silhouette at the moment.

Does anyone know why it only has a 3 month warrantly? Also the CR has a media pack with it, do you get the same thing with the Silhouette?

View Gallery

Hi star2star, welcome to UKS from a fellow West Yorks scrapper
    Good questions, I'm interested to know the answer too
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Another question too, if the consumables for the Silouhette are more expensive then the cr, do you think that the cr blades etc could be used instead of qk, considering they are the same machine? This is getting really intresting and I see myself getting swayed into buying, finally.

Been Gone Long Time! The Scraplab's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Just thought I would ressurect this thread and see if anyone who bought the Silhouette is still happy with it, and doesnt regret not getting a Robo

.... also, can you use the same blades and cutting mat as the Robo, as I think they are cheaper??

View Gallery

Yep, still happy with mine
    And no, you can't use CR blades or carrier sheets - the crafty s0ds made the rollers inside the machine slightly wider apart and the carrier sheets slightly bigger so the CR ones won't fit.
    Not sure about the blades, but I don't believe they fit either. You can get replacement blades on their own though, and it is cheaper, so hang on to the caps.
    You should only need a new blade once every 6 months, depending on use, and while carrier sheets don't last long I'm still on my first and planning to make my own using either spray repositionable adhesive or a Xyron 910 machine (see the Robo forum for more tips on this)
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

the reason the rollers are wider apart on the Silhouette than the Robo is because it was made for the US market and their standard paper size is 8.5 inches wide so slightly wider than our A4. If they had been placed the same width apart as on the Robo then people in the US would have a lot of waste card around the edge

Also be carefull if you do order just the blades from the US, these do invalidate any warrenty you have if you use them, also one US site I was on yesterday clearly states that they will put a lesser value on the customes decloration form - if discovered both the buyer and seller can be fined for this.
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I have silhouette and CR and I cut all the free robo templates from this site on the silhouette, I also have the bonus of downloading the discontinued die cut shapes from QK, the backup support was absolutely brilliant, Brian is a great guy, and I would recommend the silhouette over the robo every time now as you get the added bonus with it and everything else is exactly the same as the robo, it runs exactly the same software so everything the robo does, the silhouette does.