Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)

Photobox - slow upload?

I've got to print out about 50 photos so decided to use Photobox rather than printing them myself, in the past I've used Snapfish who are great but I can get 30 free prints at Photobox and that kind of clinched the decision for me
    Anyway, it's the first time I've used them and I'm trying to upload 38 photos, so far it's taken 40 mins and it's done 18 of them! is it always this slow in uploading? Snapfish takes only a few mins to upload so it was a surprise to see photobox taking so long.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    yes, it does take a while, but their photos are fab so stick with it (especially the 30 free ones!!!!)

View Gallery

It's finally finished!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I don't use photobox for the very same reason! I can upload to snapfish in no time at all where it takes forever with PB. I have always found snapfish photos excellent quality and if you use them regularly they do lots of special offers, i recently got a free 10x8 print

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by germgirl
    It's finally finished!
    hooray

Looking for a team that needs a new member! danemi1's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (63)
    I agree they take a long time to upload - but their service is excellent - 99 per cent of the time I have uploaded them one day and they are on my mat the next morning - their icitures are sharp and clear - and often have offers - I am not on commission but am a fan
    Danemi1 aka Elaine
    my blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)
    I agree that they take a long time too- but now I try to upload the ones I know I'm going to want when I am on the computer anyway. I don't always do that- and sometimes I am trying to hurry it along- but I prefer the photos from Photobox!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    It also helps if you can be uploading at a time no one else is.... as the problem seems to be with their servers. If I use the "Fetch" programme that works much better than through the browser. Also uploading first thing in the morning (6:30 when the alarm goes off) works wonders

View Gallery

I think I might upload a few every time I'm on the computer, that way it wonr take forever when I do decide to print. Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm looking forward to my photos arriving

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    yeah it does take a while to upload but their service is the best i've come across and they are so quick with delivery

Points May: SLO 4 Minibook 1

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    There was a problem with their server yesterday so it made it extra slow! I am going to have another go now. I gave up last night. I usually have no problem and find the service and the quality of prints excellent.

Joy
    my blog the whole of the moon Updated June 7th with Cupcakes

designer for It's A Creative World itsacreativeworld.typepad.com

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    They certainly have their busier periods and I do find the new system a lot slower than the old one.

However, they are well worth it. I recently tried Snapfish again (after not being impressed before) but they were nowhere near as good as Photobox. They also took a lot longer to arrive.

I often do mine late at night while I'm pottering around.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I love Photobox. Snapfish are okay, but the last batch arrived with many heads cut off - and the previews certainly weren't like that! However, as I only paid a penny per print, I wasn't too upset. I uploaded photos to Costco this week, and collected the photos the following morning. I am really impressed with the quality of the prints - and the prices. 9 x6 prints were 20p, and a wonderful 12 x 8 print was only 99p. (VAT exc. prices.)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I find Snapfish really slow so changed to Photobox and thought they were really quick. The turnaround for delivery is excellent!