Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Thread: Sick Baby Card

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Sick Baby Card

A friend of ours has just had a baby today and we have found out that he has Down's Syndrome and possibly a hole in his heart. I would like to send a card but don't know what to say inside that would help them. They didnt know until the baby was born that there was anything wrong. Can you give me any advice or a website to look at.
    Thanks

Funny HA HA, Not Funny Peculiar! madhattermillie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    as a new mum of a baby who arrived 5 wks early and with problems, i would honestly say, go and find the prettiest baby card you can (or make one) that bears no comment to sickness or illness. Celebrate the baby they have, not commiserate. add a personal note on a bit of paper inside the card if you feel you must but keep the card as congratulatory as possible, after all, they are celebrating a new baby.

this is my view but i hope it helps you.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I know we will celebrate with them and not commiserate but I thought I might be able to find a verse to say how much we are there for them and care about at this time. I know this will be a very special son to them.

Love pretty paper and dies Fairysparkle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    I would say the same make the card as lovely as possible but visit or call so they know you are there for them
    Lorraine

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    My cousin was born Downs with a hole in his heart ...

Anyway, I would send the most beautiful baby card you can find ! Its a celebration - Down babies are gifts from God ... such beautiful loving children.

Funny HA HA, Not Funny Peculiar! madhattermillie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    i agree entirely, but keep the card seperate, maybe a thinking of you card in additon to a new baby card.

it is a very difficult thing to deal with as if like me, they wont want to admit to themselves there is a problem and other people mentioning it just makes it more real. things like this take a little time to sink in and a simple thinking of you card with a small personal note would suffice. however with a problem like downs, they are going to need on going support, a card, a note in the post, or even a telephone call at a later date will be a nice thing to do. so many people help at the start, which is really nice, but a few weeks down the line, there will be less people offering their support, this is the time for family and close friends to step in more.

it may be worth having a little look at some sites for families of downs children, see what poems etc they have there.