Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I do know of one company which produces kits (I've been doing one this evening) but not a sponsor, so I'll PM you.
    Eileen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I got a monthly card making kit for a few months and found it disappointing.

Stuff in it was 12 x 12, I know I could cut it down but just felt there was no inspiration in it !!

You had to look on the internet to see current designs there was no project ideas with the kit.Maybe because it was new.

I would be interested in a monthly kit as I love new ideas.

Will keep my eye on this thread

Lesley
    x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellejaybee

Stuff in it was 12 x 12, I know I could cut it down but just felt there was no inspiration in it !!

You had to look on the internet to see current designs there was no project ideas with the kit.Maybe because it was new.

I would be interested in a monthly kit as I love new ideas.

Will keep my eye on this thread

Lesley
    x
    What we are working on is not 12x12, we already have a 12x12 format in the GoGo Create so this Card Kit will be different.

As with our GoGo Kit we will include a design booklet as well as other inspiration in the form of PDF's etc.

Keep you eye on the website in the very near future for updated news..
    Lx

AKA Scrapgoddess Alyssa and SweetpeaNut mummygina's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Oooooo i love the sound of the new kits Lorraine-i too would be very interested!!!
    Started WW Online Friday 11/01/08- 11st 10lbs.
    Week 1=-4.5lbs

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lorraineA
    What we are working on is not 12x12, we already have a 12x12 format in the GoGo Create so this Card Kit will be different.

As with our GoGo Kit we will include a design booklet as well as other inspiration in the form of PDF's etc.

Keep you eye on the website in the very near future for updated news..
    Lx
    Ooooh, I'll be watching this very carefully. I love kits and a card one would be great. My weakness is stamps at the moment, they keep falling into my basket when I'm browsing sponser sites
    Tracy x
    Stig's Dump

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Ooooh, I'll be watching this very carefully. I love kits and a card one would be great. My weakness is stamps at the moment, they keep falling into my basket when I'm browsing sponser sites
    We have our own Exclusive Clear Stamps and are desiging sets especially for the card kit club which is to be named 'GoGo Greetings'
    LX

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lorraineA
    We have our own Exclusive Clear Stamps and are desiging sets especially for the card kit club which is to be named 'GoGo Greetings'
    LX
    I'm hooked already
    Tracy x
    Stig's Dump

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    So am i

View Gallery

sounds very interesting... card kit and stamps.... yum!
    Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    the first scrummy stash card kits have gone live today... and maria is planning on doing monthly kits and the kits include a project sheet...

there are already some cards using the kits in the design team gallery with more to follow...

scrummy stash cafe card making kits

Been Gone Long Time! The Scraplab's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellejaybee

The problem with 12x12 is that it doesnt scale down very well for cards, the patterns have to be really small on them to work, so its not that easy to work with on cards.

Plus I dont really want a kit for scrapbooking that I can convert into cards, as I have tons of scrapping stuff anyway and can just keep using the kits I have already. But I like the principle of a monthly kit and different themes each time to try.

I love the idea of stamps for greetings cards, there is so much you can do with them.

Looking out for these kits!!!

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I don't get what's wrong with using scrapbook papers, I can't think of anything else I'd rather use? Maybe it's just me then

If a paper didn't work you wouldn't use it but patterned papers only work in small doses anyway so I think they're perfect for cards? Mix em up with a bit of plain card and you're away?

Maybe it's inspiration that you're really looking for? What about the Becky Fleck cardmaps? Or have a peek at what the daring card makers are up to, http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/ there's loads of ideas there and a multitude of fantastic blogs to go visit. Have a peek at Jo's, http://jo-kill.blogspot.com/ and Lynnes, http://craftydevilscraftjournal.blogspot.com/
    Leo

Been Gone Long Time! The Scraplab's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyPrincess
    I don't get what's wrong with using scrapbook papers, I can't think of anything else I'd rather use? Maybe it's just me then
    Its just that sometimes they dont scale down very well and you may want most of the pattern on the card, its the same with trying to cut down 12x12 to make 6x6 LO's, which is why some manufacturers do the same designs scaled down to 6x6 size, IYSWIM

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by The Scraplab
    Its just that sometimes they dont scale down very well and you may want most of the pattern on the card, its the same with trying to cut down 12x12 to make 6x6 LO's, which is why some manufacturers do the same designs scaled down to 6x6 size, IYSWIM
    Totally agree The two crafts certainly can and do cross over but have different and unique needs in their own right - hence the birth of the well thought out GoGo Greetings

We shall be walking the booths of CHA in Chicago in July to make sure all the newest and unique products appear in the kits - just like our GoGo Create Monthly Kit.

LX

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    I'm with Louisa on the scaling problem....

I have loads of PP that won't work on a card that's any smaller than an A5 (finished) size -- especially if I only use a small amount, 'cos then you can't make out what the pattern is meant to be

The only ones I find work well on all sizes are the small spotted/checked/asterisks from the Doodlebug range -- and I can only use them on a limited number of cards or else they all look very 'samey'.

In fact, I've been know (once or twice) to shell out for 6x6 or 8x8 papers purely for cardmaking (I don't scrap in those sizes!), but I find these sizes work out much more expensive in the long run as you don't get nearly as many cards from a sheet