Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)

oh well Shop trail A3/M25/M4

Evening,

On Monday, I am travelling from Portsmouth on the A3, to the M25, to the M4 to take junction 5 to go stay with my oh's parents before going on holiday on Tues.

Now, my mate's kicking me out at 7:30am when she goes to work, and by the time I've stoped and had breakfast, it'll be about 9am.

The aa recon the journey will take just over an hour so here i'm my dilemma - and where I need your help!

I don't really want to arrive till the afternoon, so i'm looking for distractions for my journey! Are there any craft shops in that vague direction - I've got all day so a detour is possible if it gets me stash! Importantly - please only tell me of ones open on a monday!

Anyway,

Thanks in advance for your help!

Love Katy x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Which way are you going round the M25? via Dartford? if so, Artbase isn't far off J29, and well worth a visit

memories are made of this maxinep's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Why dont you try a detour via the M3 and round that one and then call into Hobbycraft at West End , Southampton, followed by Just a Memory at North Baddesley just of the southampton airport turn off. Both recommended especially the latter. Take loads of money though!

Yummy Mummy and CTM Design Team Squishychickfi's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    If you go the other way why don't you try the craft barn in lingfield and creative pastimes is not far either! Just off M25

Dedicated Scrapper Sharon Betts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    If I've got my directions right, you could always go to j7 of m4 - (not too much further on), down the spur road, left at roundabout, through the traffic lights, straight over next roundabout, and then turn r and immediately left into a small retail park - Bishop centre - 2 craft shops there. Theres also a Habitat, lands end, cafe, and some other stuff.

Mad Cat Person!!! EmilyLovedHim's Avatar
    aka Bagpuss so in the shop window of course!
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Squishychickfi View Post
    If you go the other way why don't you try the craft barn in lingfield and creative pastimes is not far either! Just off M25
    yes these are both worth a visit but I know that route and you need to come off the M25 at jct 6 for these two wonderful shops and this is not near the M4 unfortunately!

Just noticed that you have a day to spare so YES do go - you will not regret it! www.creativepastimes.co.uk is the website for one and they are one of our sponsors so you can have a look - they do classes too and these are on line for you to view so you might even have the time to do one of these! Google for the other.

Just checked on their website and creative pastimes are not open on a Monday
    Last edited by helenmurp; 13-07-2007 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Add not open details
    Helen
    MY BLOG
    >^..^<Gottachat CJ >^..^<.

Spanish Papercrafter paulapascual's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    The Craft Co. is a sponsor and they are near Guilford, so near the A3, I believe.
    Paula Pascual
    (Please excuse grammar and spelling mistakes, English is not my first nor second language!)
    My blog
    Crafty Storage Blog

View Gallery

ha ha

ooo - Thank you all very much for your wisdom! I have now annotated my dad's old donated road map with lots of possibilities!

Well I'm off to Portsmouth first thing in the morning, so I'd best go to bed!

Thank you all again

Love Katy x x x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Been out the weekend running a Ranger/ Young Leader County weekend on one of our local campsites (the rain started just as we had packed the last mess tent canvas into the bag!) We were really lucky with the weather .... but just as the girls were due to picked up the heavens opened and the lane looked like a stream!!

If you get this message while you are in Pompey... there aren't really any craft shops in the city. But on the way home .... if you don't mind a slight divertion via Havant there are a couple of options Stationatry Store in the town centre (do crafts/ create & craft (we def in the Fareham store) etc.) and a Craft Central in the Wyevale Garden Centre which is to the north of the Town Centre on Bartons Rd. It also getting a Hobbycraft in August. There is a big Tesco's with a cafe just off the A27 turn off into Havant with a cafe (Hobbycraft is going opposite this!). There would be plenty of place to eat in Havant. Not sure if wyvale has somewhere suitable for breakfast.

Generally from Portsmouth I usually end heading either west to Southampton/ Gosport or order online. We have rather a drought of craft shops here.

Caz