Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)

Embroidery Sewing Machines

There was a thread on this before which attracted alot of interest but I cannot find it now. I am hoping JanetLinda is around and sees this thread as she is an expert on these machines. Well today after a long wait I finally got my very first machine. I have two normal sewing machines but I can't wait to get started with the embroidery for my LO's I tried to wind my first bobbin with it earlier but mucked it up the first time and had to unwind it and start again A bit too eager I think I am going to have another try in the morning when hopefully my kids aren't screaming their heads off playing on the trampoline and I will be able to read the instructions a bit better.I had no idea how many 'bits and pieces' these machines come equipped with. Does anybody else have one? Do they get easier to understand as time goes on?? I am sewing machine literate but these are so different to a 'normal' machine. I am going to so enjoy playing with it I have wanted one of these for years.

View Gallery

I have two of these machines, they are great! Can make some very unusual items to embellish LO's. Just take your time to learn, and read the instructions! I don't use mine to sew on paper or cardstock though, got an old machine for that. You'll soon be searching the house from top to bottom to find things to embroider on!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I am here, well done on getting your machine, which one did you go for? I still mess up with bobbin winding useually because I am in a hurry.
    DH was asking after you the other day, asking about the fishing.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    i'm on my 3rd machine now. i started on a very basic brother and have worked up to a big one that sings and dances.

the advice i can give to you is read read read the info and have lots of scrap material to hand as you want be able to stop embroidering.
    make sure you use backing stabeliser (sorry if the spellings off abit had a long week) as this makes a better finish.

have fun fun fun

gertty(debbie)

View Gallery

knitkath, you can get designs from the internet for stitching onto paper/ card, I have got several of this designers sets I have also used some cross stitch designs for the machine on tags .

View Gallery

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopo...00&ppuser=4965

Here's one of sets I have used, it's called wedding stipple.

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I bought the brother one with the Disney characters on it. It takes a card like a camera does, and I bought a PED machine, so I can design my own pictures on my computer in their software programme and then transfer it to the card, and then to my sewing machine which is great, but it is quite hard to draw well. I also bought a DVD from the auction site which has 1000s of designs for my machine on it, it must cover most things you can possibly imagine, including spiderman, disney, dogs, cats, just about everything, and I can transfer the designs I want to my card and use the designs on my machine too. Unfortunately since buying my machine, I have got into scrapbooking, and so dont use it as much as I used to, although I have used embroidery designs in my cards, especially at Christmas, and embroidered babys bibs and vests, flannels and towels and sold them on the auction site.. I also embroidered my mum a brilliant flannel and towel with Elvis on for Christmas last year.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    ohhhh I neeed one of these... I didnt know they existed... prices etc??

View Gallery

Don't forget the 1,000's of designs available for free on the internet, just remember to download in the right format.

View Gallery

Janetlinda, I meant for just ordinary sewing of papers and cards on LO's. I like to do this a lot but it does leave lots of dust bunnies! Have used the ones especially designed for cards and they are brill!

View Gallery

Which designs do you use for stitching on paper, just spend the last hour surfing for more embroidery designs I can use.

View Gallery

Hi at last I am back...been gardening nearly all day. The machine I chose in the end is a Brother Innovis 1200, it cost £995.00 online so I am hoping this is a good price, it comes with guarantee too. I told DH not to touch is at he wouldn't have a clue!! Well, when I got up this morning he was unravelling a bobbin He said he had tried to wind a bobbin and it didn't come out right!! He tried again and has wound the perfect bobbin on his own I haven't had alot of time today to have a play with the sewing machine but am taking the advice of keep reading the manual, I think this new toy of mine is going to get played with soooo much once I suss it all out. Janetlinda don't even get me started on downloading images to embroider at this stage

The fishing..oh yes a huge disapointment happened a few weeks ago. I found out via the wife of our so called fututre business partner that her DH owed the taxman To cut a very long story short and after a lot of discussion btween DH and myself, we decided that they were not the right people to go into business with. It is very frustrating really, not to mention disapointing. We sold our house in April and went to live in a rented house nearby. To cut another long story short within a month we had moved again to another rented house, this time a fantastic detatched 4 bed house in a beautiful area. The first rented house was a nightmare, we couldn't get the landlord to do simple things like removing a huge bag of roof tiles from the front garden and a few other things so in the end we insisted the letting agency move us...which they did. The plan now is that we can't go to France on our own as it is too expensive to buy what we are looking for so the whole plan had fallen through. We are staying in rented for maybe the next 12 months and then plan to buy another house in west/east Sussex, nearer to where DH works.

View Gallery

Mainly Embroidery Library designs which sew out well, but do have a couple of others, not sure where from.