Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I'm aware of a number of software companies that do expect you to pay for upgrades, I think it's the way a lot of them make their money. To be fair most of them do offer some free "minor" upgrades, or give you a year's worth of free upgrades, but expect you to pay for any major improvements/enhancements and revisions after that. Personally I would expect bug or security fixes to be free, but anything else I think is debatable; it costs money to employ good programmers, and if you want a better version of the software, then someone has to pay for it to be done, so why not the person who benefits? You do have the option of take it or leave it...

Rosemary

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Didn't mean to upset anyone, just my view. I think it's just as my Robo is only a few months old I sort of thought any improvements to software would be available to all as continual product improvement, never occurred to me to pay extra for it. Mind you I am happy with things as they are anyway so maybe that's the point. I love my Robo and it is working just fine for me. I also paid the £20 extra for an extra year (I think it was a year) that straight afterwards became free so have pretty much used up my Robo money.
    Helen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I sort of thought any improvements to software would be available to all as continual product improvement, never occurred to me to pay extra for it.

I also paid the £20 extra for an extra year (I think it was a year) that straight afterwards became free so have pretty much used up my Robo money.

But's it's not an Improvement to Software that you already have - it's a completely different seperate piece of software.

and Graphtec have said that if anyone had paid for a 2nd year warrenty and then sigend up to the Crafty Club, that theirs would be extended to 3 years
    Last edited by NikiB; 31-07-2007 at 08:36 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikiB View Post
    But's it's not an Improvement to Software that you already have - it's a completely different seperate piece of software.

and Graphtec have said that if anyone had paid for a 2nd year warrenty and then sigend up to the Crafty Club, that theirs would be extended to 3 years
    Wasn't aware of that, should I have had a letter?
    Helen

View Gallery

Don't know if a letter was sent out but I know it was posted here when others bought it up

ETA - Here is Phil's post about it
    Last edited by NikiB; 31-07-2007 at 08:49 AM.

Doing things my own way angeljakki's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    phil can you let us know when the software is released and how much on here as I can still not log into the crafty club as I am on aol.

I have tried everything people have said and still can't get on. Is there any chance this issue might be sotred any day soon would so love to check the site out but I gert told I am signed in and then I can't do anything after that.

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

When you registered for the Crafty-Club your welcome message will have said thet your warranty has been extended by a further year. This message is perhaps a bit ambiguous and could have been better worded.

It does mean that anybody who purchased a second year warranty will automatically be upgraded to a third year. If you havn't joined the Crafty Club please do so now so that your extended warranty will be registered.

Regarding the new software 'DesignMaster', as others have mentioned, this is new software. We launched it because many users are working in up to 4 different software packages, we have pulled together the best features of all.

Upgrades to RoboMaster are and always will be free. As you say, you are happy working in that, so no need to upgrade.

We are simply trying to respond to users requests

Phil

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by angeljakki View Post
    phil can you let us know when the software is released and how much on here as I can still not log into the crafty club as I am on aol.

I have tried everything people have said and still can't get on. Is there any chance this issue might be sotred any day soon would so love to check the site out but I gert told I am signed in and then I can't do anything after that.
    I am a bit reluctant to give a date, software is finished and being tested now, there may be a few bug changes and we are just in the process of writing the instruction manual. All I can say is it will be very soon.

Regarding the Crafty Club we will probably need to delete your account and re register you. Please send an email to vikkir@graphtecgb.com giving her your email address and serial number

Phil

Doing things my own way angeljakki's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by philk View Post
    Regarding the Crafty Club we will probably need to delete your account and re register you. Please send an email to vikkir@graphtecgb.com giving her your email address and serial number

Phil
    Email sent wait with great anticapation

View Gallery

angeljakki - I am on AOL, registered with the Crafty Club with an AOL email address too and have no problems accessing any part of the crafty club site - I don't use the AOL browser though as I peefer Mozilla.

So hopefully once you have re-registered then you'll be fine

I'm on AOL too Angeljakki but I use Internet Explore to get into the crafty-club and I also have to do the same when I go to some of the upload sites like megaupload etc but I use AOL browser at all other times.

Janet

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    I'm looking forward to getting the new software. I have never learnt Inkscape as up to now I haven't felt the need (I've had my robo since October last year) as welding didn't really bother me, however I've started to feel the need but am hanging on now for the new software, as its appears to be so close.

Craft Robo Addict
    View Gallery

I have just registered with Crafty club, but there was no mention of any extended warranty?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Didn't mean to upset anyone, just my view. I think it's just as my Robo is only a few months old I sort of thought any improvements to software would be available to all as continual product improvement, never occurred to me to pay extra for it. Mind you I am happy with things as they are anyway so maybe that's the point. I love my Robo and it is working just fine for me. I also paid the £20 extra for an extra year (I think it was a year) that straight afterwards became free so have pretty much used up my Robo money.
    Helen I don't think you are upsetting anyone - we all have different views and sometimes we can get up on our hobby horses! And it's useful to have (sometimes heated) discussions - you can often learn to see things from another point of view, or from an aspect that you've not previously considered.

I think most companies are usually fair in their dealings with customers and some are exceptional, and so far Graphtec have been the latter.

Rosemary

Please take my credit card away!!!!!! Tosca's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I don't suppose there will be rulers included, with there, PHil????? Would be very handy.

Millie, if mats is your thing, with a bit of work you can do them in the software you have, hun. (if you've got the autotrace, that is).
    LORRAINE

I'm not a complete idiot.......some pieces are missing!