Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)

Cooking related scrapbook stuff

Just wondered if anyone has cool ideas for recipe- or cooking-related scrapping. We're starting a CJ (with room left if you want to join! [here]) and I've been looking through the gallery here and other scrap sites for ideas.

I've got a few things (stamps, papers mostly) but I'm interested in cooking-related clip art (free, of course), embellishments, or just some decorating ideas for recipe CJs. I'd love to see some examples of real materials used as stash. For example, I saw one CJ with a set of measuring spoons attached, another had food labels. Have you ever done one? Any ideas?

Thanks.

View Gallery

Wow, 39 views and not one comment?! I was hoping someone would be able to at least tell me about some cooking/recipe-related stash.

There IS another thread but it's about starting her own recipe album. I'm looking for ideas, clip art, stamps, papers, etc. for a Recipe CJ. Anyone???

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Starbugmel has just received her completed CJ back on favourite recipe theme.

Perhaps if you PM her she will be able to advise if there was anything that would suit your requirements.

Forgot to say - I'm in the process of doing a Sweet tooth CJ - there may be some ideas in that (you can see it here).

I do have a couple of patterned papers in stock - there's bake off and a BBQ one

HTHs

Sam xx

PS - 7 gypsies do some little brass cuttlery embellies, I'm not sure who stocks them though, they look like charms.
    Last edited by samsq; 05-08-2007 at 11:54 PM.

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    hi ya. locally I've seen some like 'card type' toppers which have saucepans and knives and forks etc - I was going to buy them to do a LO but didn't - they're about £2 ?? Is this the kind of thing you were talking about?

I must admit that I haven't seen any PP's?

If you wanted this 'topper' thingummy you could pm me with your address and I could go get it and post to you?

I might be on the wrong tack completely?

Gill.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    We have this "Yummy" sticker here LOL

http://www.craft-emporium.co.uk/prod...oducts_id=4711
    Lyn

Dedicated Scrapper Angel Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    we have Heidi Grace Cutecakes papers

View Gallery

I did a recipe CJ a while ago and one of the things I did was to scan in the cover of a recipe book, resize it then print it off using fantastic plastci & then shrink it. That worked quite well. There are also various sizzix & QK dies like cakes, burgers etc - if you posted in the pifs & wishes forum someone might cut some for you.

HTH,
    Alison

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Try dolls house shops as they have kitchen/cooking stuff and its all small size.

Trust me....I'm full of scrap! Lorraine's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    we have a cooking section here. There are probably other cooking related items too, these are just the ones that I have put into sections.

View Gallery

Thanks everyone for the ideas, links, and advice. That Sweet Tooth CJ is absolutely yummy!!!! I'll have a feast on all these ideas. I'd like my CJ to be sort of vintage or retro (ie 1940s and 50s kitchen things, the old avocado and gold colours, etc.) but I may have to give that idea up as it would be difficult to ask everyone else in the CJ to do it. We'll see.... I can see some stash shopping in order!

Thanks again.... and keep the ideas coming, please.

Stash Buyer Extraordinaire!! x Looby x's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (71)
    we have the HOTP Finished in A Flash In The Kitchen kit here. It's quite 50s styled, in greens, yellows, reds, with cherries etc.
    HTH

ETA - if you want to see them in more detail Beverley has some cards made with the kit in her photobucket here
    Last edited by x Looby x; 06-08-2007 at 10:47 AM. Reason: to add link

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have some buttons which are cooking related - teapots, rolling pin. I also have a couple of papers which might suit. One is coffee related, so it's a bit retro in colour, the other was a freebie with Scrapbook Inspirations a couple of months back (and quite bright). I'm at work so can't check the details just at the moment but maybe someone else will know what I mean!
    Also I'm sure I've seen a couple of recipe-type mini-books in SI mag in the last 2-3 months.

AKA Julie, Joolz, Jules, Jools and Oi! scrap-happyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    Jane - if you are going 40's 50's then take a look at Rusty Pickle papers (alteredtreasures.co.uk do some) also Tim Holtz had some kitchenalia style 8x8 papers. I was in a cj where one of the girls did childhood recipes - she altered a lunch box and sent out precut cards for us all to design and put our recipes on. And another cj the girl did a paper bag book with a pull out card in each opening for the recipe card to go in - it is a lovely book (although someone on UKS STILL owes her a layout over a year later - but we won't go there!)

Have fun

SCRAPBOOKSISTERS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    MY BLOG