Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Robo lover!!!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I saw the program as well and thought how much easier the Wishblade looked to the CR. I do hope that the new software thats coming out will have the same possiblilties as the C & Cut and the welded words.
    Sandra

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Okay, so I've just watched the video on QVC and am GREEN with envy, that Wishblade cut through the mirri card like a hot knife through butter. Not a hope in hells chance of that happening with my Robo - never in a million years unless I want the distressed, frayed and chewed look to the mirri card

Methinks Graphtec are going to have to do a lot to catch up with what the Wishblade can do. I was also impressed with the Create and Cut - come on Graphtec, how much longer are we going to have to wait for the software, then still have to pay for it?

Another thing that impressed me was the printed manual, really handy to have instead of having to scour through the manual in the software package.

All in all very impressed

View Gallery

Can't work out why the wishblade cut the mirri card so easily, the robo has the same cutting preasure - and the wishblade is made by Graphtec as well I think.
    Very odd
    Sally

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

ive cut vinyl without the carrier sheet and my robo was fine, but most time i do put it onto the carrier sheet as you can use up smaller pieces.

i have a xyron creative station thats what i re stickey my carrier sheets with, as susibi has said from reading the threads i would think they would mean sticky up your media first then send through robo to cut but ive not tried it.

i didnt see the wishblade thing where will i find it to see it again is it on the net or do i have todo something on my tv?

View Gallery

If you log on to QVC uk and do a search for the wishblade there is a video of the program segment that you can watch

View Gallery

Like the others I chickened out when cutting the vinyl flowers and vine for my suitcases and stuck mine on the carrier sheet. I've always been a big fan of Justin Case

View Gallery

I ose my Robo exclusively for cutting vinyl and flex and never use the carrier sheet.

The backing sheet of vinyl is similar to acetate so is quite robust.
    I cut with blue tip using a pressure of 8 for flex.

Mark

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I also think the video was definitely : come and buy me' - but I always think of it like this-
    they want to sell the machine so are only going to use media that will make them look good and the procedure effortless- there's mirri card and mirri card I've always cut mirri no problem on both my old and new models but I use the thinner type
    this new software comes with the new machine - anyone who has an old wishblade has to buy the software separately and it costs about $100 - with all the research Graphtec has done and all the ear bending Phil has been getting I'm sure ( OK I hope!) that the new CR software will something similar and from all accounts is going to cost less than Create and Cut software.

So I'm sure we're not missing out on anything, and I for one am extremely happy with both my machines .
    I will grant QVC one thing though ( and with no offence to Graphtec) their fast moving 15 minute presentation was certainly more charismatic and full of oompf, ideas and selling power than the CR one on C&C - even though she only demonstrated a couple of basic ideas!!
    If I'd not had my machines I'd certainly have been tempted to buy one.
    Susibi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This is my first post on the CR forum and it concerns the TV demo yesterday of the Wishblade. I had been completely convinced to buy a Cricut Expressions even though I have only seen a demo of the Cricut original machine because I have been on UKS long enough to have noticed many pleas/posts about welding letters, software probs etc. .

However, I thought the Wishblade demo was slick and the software did look very friendly,

So one question is, is the Wishblade a Xyron badged CR? Secondly am I wrong in my assumption that CR software has had hiccups?

I asked DH to watch the demo (a veritable god of technology) and he thought it looked very good for a domestic version of the industrial machines he deals with.

What I'm really saying is, if you have a CR now, had the Wishblade with its software been available when you were buying, would it just have been a toss up between the two, or does the CR do more?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I saw the Graphtec effort at presenting on the C&C show and it didn't inspire me at all. As a complete novice, to me, it looked so fiddly. In contrast, like Susibi, says, the Wishblade demo was very "come on you know you'd sell your children to have this"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I agree it was a very good presentation. Where do you get the thinner mirri card from? I've tried alsorts without success.

View Gallery

The Wishblade, like the Silhouette, is just a rebadged Robo. The only difference is in the software provided. So basically if the Wishblade can cut it, so can Robo. In America the Wishblade appears to be more common than Robo. There is a comparison chart at the Paperthreads forum if you want to check it out.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Like so many things, presentation should not be an issue but normally is these days(just look at politicians, all presentation and no substance) The bottom line is, as I see it, that it is very easy to make a swish 15 minute viedo that makes a product look easy to use and produce fantastic results in minutes but in the real world, as this site will testify, it just is'nt like that. At least with the much longer Graphtec presentation they do attempt to present it as it is and to explain the pitfalls. As has been said previously at the end of the day the machines are identical and over the past two years Graphtec customer service and support has proved outstanding as many have testified, so I would go for the Robo every time.

Natasha

Robo lover!!!
    View Gallery

Well I have to be honest, having seen the Wishblade presentation had I not bought my Robo only three weeks before I probably would have gone for the Wishblade. I have tried to cut mirri card on my Robo and ended up with a completely chewed up mess. I suppose it would be ok if you are doing large cuts for a scrapbook page etc, but when it comes to doing a greeting for a card well it is not so good.
    I am really disappointed with the Robo, just when I thought I had cracked it I discovered I hadn't, and if it wasn't for the fact that I am a real stickler and I don't give up that easily I would have sold it by now. Still might!!
    Sandra

View Gallery

I've tried cutting various thicknesses of mirri card and all look like the dogs have chewed the edges. The mirri card that was being cut on the QVC demo looked pretty thick and substantial and the cut edges looked so neat and clean cut. Oh if only ........