Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

It's There, It's There

Preview of the new software now on website

Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

rolling

WHERE? I can't see it!!!
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them

View Gallery

Sorry I was busy looking at the preview. Susan you need to be on the Graphtecgb website. Home page. Look at the left hand side banner. Click on the design master tour

Modern day Mary poppins jochapman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Now that is seriously cool, even I might be able to get my head around that lot. Can't wait to get my sticky paws on it.

jo xx

View Gallery

Looks good doesn't it. Be interest to see the tutorials over the weekend

Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

rolling

Found it. It looks very interesting! Perhaps the 'Pros' among us will have some opinions on it, which I will be very interested to hear. I haven't been 'roboing' very long so don't want to waste my money!
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Just had a look, very interesting. Loads of the tools are the same as the KNK software which I'm trying to get my head around.

I look forward to hearing people's opinions when they've tried it.

ErikaP

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaP View Post
    Just had a look, very interesting. Loads of the tools are the same as the KNK software which I'm trying to get my head around.

I look forward to hearing people's opinions when they've tried it.

ErikaP
    Me too Erika, me too ................... I wonder if the new software can open PDF files? And you have the ability to save in other formats eg dfx, pdf, jpg, bmp. Any answers Phil?

As for the price, as Phil says, this is designed on the professional software out there, KNK Studio, is one of them, and costs much much more than a mere £40 (rounded up) so its a bargain.

The KNK Studio software uses a Dongle system so it has to be inserted in the usb slot of the computer/laptop before you can use the software, and it likes to use the same slot every time you use it, so it can be a nuisence if you have it in a laptop and then take your laptop around with you at some point. This won't have that so great news.
    Last edited by lucylogic; 21-09-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lucylogic View Post
    Me too Erika, me too ................... I wonder if the new software can open PDF files? And you have the ability to save in other formats eg dfx, pdf, jpg, bmp. Any answers Phil?

As for the price, as Phil says, this is designed on the professional software out there, KNK Studio, is one of them, and costs much much more than a mere £40 (rounded up) so its a bargain.

The KNK Studio software uses a Dongle system so it has to be inserted in the usb slot of the computer/laptop before you can use the software, and it likes to use the same slot every time you use it, so it can be a nuisence if you have it in a laptop and then take your laptop around with you at some point. This won't have that so great news.
    Hi Lucy

You can open pdf files, but dont forget, not all pdf files will be cuttable, it depends how they were created.

Fortunately we have already thought of that and we have put in the ability to turn your pdf into a bitmap if necessary which can then be auto traced.

There is no option to save in other formats, this is because of our license agreement with the software writers. Otherwise industrial customers could buy it for £37.95 instead of their normal £600 and simply export the files.

The software is not dongle protected, but we have built in copy protection. When first installed the software will automatically download a security key from our website which means the software will only run on one computer at any one time. For those few customers without an internet connection we can supply a limited number of dongle copies.

Phil

View Gallery

[QUOTE=philk;3914264]Hi Lucy

You can open pdf files, but dont forget, not all pdf files will be cuttable, it depends how they were created.

Found that out with KNK Studio

Fortunately we have already thought of that and we have put in the ability to turn your pdf into a bitmap if necessary which can then be auto traced.

Oh great stuff, well that solves my problem then with my pdf files which are multi-layered

There is no option to save in other formats, this is because of our license agreement with the software writers. Otherwise industrial customers could buy it for £37.95 instead of their normal £600 and simply export the files.

Ok, that makes sense, cos we can't be having any other industrial customers pinching our software can we

The software is not dongle protected, but we have built in copy protection. When first installed the software will automatically download a security key from our website which means the software will only run on one computer at any one time. For those few customers without an internet connection we can supply a limited number of dongle copies.

OK, I can live with that, as probably most of us will probably have it only installed on one machine anyway, BUT, as you know Phil we ladies can't do without our Robo's and some of us, not me, take it away on holiday with them. If not the Robo, the software on a laptop cos if they have a spare minute they are busy designing away, so I think probably most of us will have it installed on 2 computers, I certainly do anyway as I take my laptop and Robo out with me to give demonstrations but mainly use Robo on my big computer at home. So how do we get around that one?

Modern day Mary poppins jochapman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I hope the tutorials are good otherwise I will be very lost on how to do stuff with it. Not savvy with any type of design programmes unless I have step by step help.

jo xx

Dedicated Scrapper cherrybabs2005's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi
    I didnt realise it was gonna cost that much,i thought it woud be free,wish full thinking hey!
    Last edited by cherrybabs2005; 20-09-2007 at 06:00 PM.
    Love & Hugs
    Barbara

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Its on the crafty club site as well ,the link is on the left hand side.
    i hope they have good band width so we dont crash the server accessing the tutorials.
    Mystic

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Certainly looks interesting. Shame it wasn't avialable before I got Illustrator as it's taken me ages to even begin to get my head round that but having got it I can't justify buying the new software even though it does look easier !!

Addicted to Papercrafting ....... Clare33's Avatar
    View Gallery

Looks good to me, I would prefer to have everything in one place even if some of the functions can be done in other programs already. Will have to wait and see how the finances are looking come October the 8th!