Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    Oh...........i want mine now (stamps feet and having a paddy at work) I want to cut a title 'Beach Boys' and weld a sandcastle to the words for next weekend. That will be the real proof for me. Now if anyone knows where I can find a nice sandcastle................... either template or dingbat then that would be great. Thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    just came on the site and saw all the posts are still going strong concerning the design master, which is such a shame, hand's up i am one of those who has said my little bit, at the end of the day it is each individuals choice as to which program best suits them, both in what they aim to use it for and the price you pay, i think it would be wise now for us all to stop throwing out our dummies, and lets have some fun put back on the forum, yes i have the new soft ware and have to say am very happy with it, but that is not to say others may not be, again their choice, we still will be able to share templates even if we are unable to share with the ones designed in design master with those that do not have it, there is enough nice people on here for enough templates to go round with some lovely clever designers, i think most who are buying the design master are like myself and are unable to use inkscape even after all the help on here, of which i am very grateful, and yes i will probably have some problems using the new soft ware, and there are bound to be some teething problems, but i think we are all big enough now to understand that, i have problems with every thing i buy you are listening to some one who dose not even know how to use a DVD recorder LOl, so i think we should all shake hands and put this all behind us, and to be perfectly honest i think poor Phil is getting the raw hand here, after all he did this for us because we wanted it, now he seems to be getting shot in the foot, KNK DM etc who really cares as long as we are happy with what we have.

Kate x

The only thing in life to succeed is a budgie with no teeth!! Cockneyrebel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    how do i open templates from DM to robo?
    Kimmie x
    "Wherever I lay my 'cat' thats my home !"

kimmie.blogspot.com

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    You don't!
    You can cut them in Robo from DM but Robomastr only recognises GSD files and DM doesn't save in that format.

Bill - why are you having such a problem with text?
    Creating and manipulating text in any graphics program as solid fill then saving as jpeg and autotracing in CR gives excellent results.
    Susibi

The only thing in life to succeed is a budgie with no teeth!! Cockneyrebel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Ok..I think i may have ran before i can walk..either that or i'm just thick...i played with DM last night created a couple of welded words etc...how do i use these so i can cut them in CR?
    is there a manual or something apart from the tutorials on craft club that show me how to use The DM.. ?
    Kimmie x
    "Wherever I lay my 'cat' thats my home !"

kimmie.blogspot.com

Craftrobo amateur
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Problems with text

Quote Originally Posted by susibi View Post
    You don't!
    You can cut them in Robo from DM but Robomastr only recognises GSD files and DM doesn't save in that format.

Bill - why are you having such a problem with text?
    Creating and manipulating text in any graphics program as solid fill then saving as jpeg and autotracing in CR gives excellent results.
    Susibi
    Susibi

I can do all of the welded words and mats (thanks mainly to your tutorials) but when I cut certain fonts from Inkscape I ALWAYS end up with unwanted nodes and stuttering of Robo in the corners in particular. This never happens in RM with text, it cuts perfect, it's only the welds and mats that I need to do outside of AutoCAD. Having re-read your post as I was typing I just realised what you said, you could easily solid fill text, overlap it, save as jpeg and autotrace, I have never even thought of that.
    Brilliant idea as usual
    BTW when you are used to using a particular software program (AutoCAD) it can sometimes be difficult to get used to the "ways" of other programs and their apparent lack of commands. I have an offset command I use all the time and if I could import text as a dxf to AutoCAD my mats would be so simple. It does seem that DM will do welds and mats with ease.

thanks

Bill
    Last edited by bill.costello; 27-10-2007 at 04:22 PM.

That's the hardest bit - knowing where it's going to cut as I find it bears no relation to where it is on the screen lol

Still having a problem with landscape and portrait - I think I'm designing on landscape but when I preview in cut it shows portrait.