Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I will be thin ... I will Dee100's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

My first welded words, a question please

Hi

I have downloaded and used Inkscape for the first time and I think I have managed to weld two words together BUT when I look at the DXF file in RC I can see that the welds are a different colour to the main letters, is this how it should be please or have I missed out a step?

x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    The DXF often shows as blue and black in Robo. Select the image and change it all to black.

If you are using Inkscape, you would be better exporting the image as a .png file then changing it to .jpeg and autotrace in Robo. The quality of cut is much better and you can easily do mats as well.

ErikaP

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaP View Post
    The DXF often shows as blue and black in Robo. Select the image and change it all to black.

If you are using Inkscape, you would be better exporting the image as a .png file then changing it to .jpeg and autotrace in Robo. The quality of cut is much better and you can easily do mats as well.

ErikaP
    Many thanks, I will have a go now.

x

View Gallery

ErikaP
    OK changed it all to black and exported it as .png. Now here's me being thick bit, do I change the .png to .jpeg in my photo editing software and not CR

x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Yes, any programme will do even paint, just open and resave as a jpeg because Robo won't work with .png files.

Erika

View Gallery

Yes, any programme will do even paint, just open and resave as a jpeg because Robo won't work with .png files.

Erika
    #

Thanks hun, just away to do that.

x

View Gallery

Erika
    I have tried honestly I have and I have searched for info BUT how do you get a .jpeg into cr. If you can point me in the right direction it will save the last tufs of hair I have

I so want to cut my first welded word.

x

Robo Novice
    View Gallery

Dee have you ordered the new Design Master? Can't be doing with all this faff of 3 different programs when DM will do welded words and mats.

Sorry, to sound like I'm on commission: I'm not! Just that I have used Inkscape several times and this, along with writing on curves, is exactly the reason I want DM.
    http://karenscreation.blogspot.com

Scrapper,Cardmaker and Robo User Rockchick's Avatar
    View Gallery

In the Robo software go to Insert> file and browse for your jpg image.

HTH
    Cass

You got to INSERT> FILE> then look for the folder on your computer where you save your jpeg.

Hope this helps

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen J View Post
    Dee have you ordered the new Design Master? Can't be doing with all this faff of 3 different programs when DM will do welded words and mats.

Sorry, to sound like I'm on commission: I'm not! Just that I have used Inkscape several times and this, along with writing on curves, is exactly the reason I want DM.
    No I haven't, to be honest I am waiting for reports. I have just cut my first card and it's the Snow Angel from Jennie's wonderful template and I wanted to put the words Snow Angel in a script underneath but I have been doing it since last night and still not managed to do it

x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Rockchick View Post
    In the Robo software go to Insert> file and browse for your jpg image.

HTH
    Cass
    Blush, blush (is there not an icon for this). I have been looking for File, Insert - I feel a real twit

Thank you - off I go again.

x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by nannyjan View Post
    You got to INSERT> FILE> then look for the folder on your computer where you save your jpeg.

Hope this helps

It does, thanks. My face is very bright

x

Robo Novice
    View Gallery

Hi Dee
    There is an icon (at least in my 2.4 version): It is 6th in from the right: Says 'load file' when I hover the mouse over it. I've never done it the Insert > File route either: Learn something new every day!
    http://karenscreation.blogspot.com

View Gallery

Ok you lovely ladies last question on CR for today, just got to do other things

I have now inserted my welded words into cr and they appear as solid black writing and I think I was expecting them to just be outlines. There were a few steps back. Is this where I do something called trace?

Please, don't spend a lot of time helping me, cos you have all helped a lot and I can see I need to go back to tutorials but I so want to finish this darling card.

x