Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

sad Am I just missing something- design master

Am I missing something, I know I am not the best when it comes to software and stuff, but I have just activated my design master. I can't find a manual anywhere on the disk. I thought ' don't panic' and looked for help files in the programm. When I click on help I get a message saying that the help files were not available when the disk was sent...please go to crafty-club to download them. But I can't find them!!!! How are we supposed to learn how to use it when the tutorials aren't all on the site yet and there are no help files or manuals???????I'm getting really frustrated now, I thought this was going to be much easier to use!!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Design Master

I know the feeling!

View Gallery

The tutorials that are on crafty-club are good but they only cover the basics, there are a lot of toolbars and buttons that i want to know what they do! So i was hoping for a manual i must admit.

Sally

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I was expecting it to be like the wishblade programme shown on qvc, but I can't find any images or templates or anything. That looked very straightforward. At the moment I am feeling a bit disappointed. I guess I'll have another look tomorrow. I've had enough of it for today.

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    there is a learning curve with everything isnt there, this program i think for basics will be easy but for anything abit more involved its going to be like learning inkscape etc all over.

i also went to the help files only to find them empty, but i have had a quick look at the tuts on the crafty club, having said that not really had any time to play around with dm yet properly.

View Gallery

You've got to be kididing me!!! I've not installed the software yet and if there is no help files on there what's the point?? Might not even bother now.

Covering the basics just ain't good enough either if there is so much to learn then I sincerely hope there will be a manual available and soon.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    There are help files in the KNK version, I use them all the time. Maybe Graphtec have had them removed for some reason. I know that other tools have been cut, maybe this is one of them.

ErikaP

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Hi Byn

I find the best way to learn new sofware is to play around with it, the manuals are usually long winded and boring, part of the fun is playing, look around it and if it looks interesting have a go, thats how so many people on UKS have decovered things that Robo can do, some of them even Graphtec had never imagined.

So get it installed and start to play.

xxxx

View Gallery

Unfortunately I am one of those people that learn by instructions, manuals etc so will sorely miss this. I can see DM being a dust gatherer on one of the shelves in my craft room.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am afraid I have to agree. My OH will read a manual as a last resort but ME, I need some form of refrence book or I get totally lost. I hope that there will be a manual produced, even if we have to pay a little extra for it. If it can be made a download it would be easier to get.
    Basic things can be learnt quite easily from the tutorials but they are not all there. I am waiting for the one on cutting as I don't want to waste blades etc by making mistakes even if we do learn from them. I don't particularly want to do very complex things with it but an explaination of each feature, how to access it and use it is to me vital.
    Usually software does come with help files or online help and hope that this situation is rectified as soon as is practically possible.

Sue

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Sandy Macauley in her posts warned about the lack of help files but there are the tutorials on the web and those of us who have the KNK software will help out if we can. Why give up before you even start - get your program up and running then start clicking on the buttons to see what they do- it's not going to blow up and common sense is sometimes better than a whole load of manuals!!
    Everything ,as Stressed says, has a learning curve - follow the tutorials on the Crafty Club site- they may be basic ( so is the program) but should tell you where some of the commands are and what they do. Then take it from there - experiment - it's fun!!
    Susibi

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Hi Bryn
    No get it installed and have a play, have you read the posts about the video
    demo's Sandy is offering go have alook for the post not sure what it is under if i find it i will post

xxxxx

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

The thread is design master video's, many have found them very helpful

xxxxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Might be a little easier if all the tutorials were available on the web but they aren't yet. I think the cutting tutorial should have been up before the software went out?? Or am I being stupid?

Sue

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

No sue you are quite right

xxxx