Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sueuk52 View Post
    Might be a little easier if all the tutorials were available on the web but they aren't yet. I think the cutting tutorial should have been up before the software went out?? Or am I being stupid?

Sue
    Totally agree with you there Sue. In fact, I think all the tutorials should have been available before the software was despatched.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yes, the lack of just the basics makes me feel pretty stupid. I am not the sort who can sit for hours going through software to see what it does I'm afraid. I tend to mess and think to myself, well that is the result I want but how did I get there, ha ha ha!
    Can't help the 'old' brain cell getting confused.

Sue

View Gallery

I tend to mess then just lose interest and give up when I can't fathom it out. I don't have the time, patience or interest to sit for hours puzzling over something that is just beyond me. Give me the trusty old help files any day

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If I had them Bryn , I would! Ha ha

Have downloaded Sandy's free videos and they do explain what does what as far as the tools on the screen go. Might have to purchase the ones that are compatible with DM. They are very good I have to admit.

Sue

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Videos

I know the videos are a good way of learning and Sandy is being really helpful to us. BUT, I do not really see why we should have to pay out to learn a new piece of software distributed by Graphtec for the Craft Robo. Surely it is down to the manufacturer or Graphtec to provide us with instructions or a tutorial. This seems very half-cocked to me.
    No offence meant Philk.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by purplewillie View Post
    I know the videos are a good way of learning and Sandy is being really helpful to us. BUT, I do not really see why we should have to pay out to learn a new piece of software distributed by Graphtec for the Craft Robo. Surely it is down to the manufacturer or Graphtec to provide us with instructions or a tutorial. This seems very half-cocked to me.
    No offence meant Philk.
    Wholeheartedly agree - to pay for a piece of software with NO help files and only part of the tutorials available on the Crafty Club then have to pay another $40 odd for the videos is asking a bit much I think

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well we don't HAVE to buy the videos, but they ARE good.

I think DM was released way too early - the help manuals and support should have been in place before the software was released. We have bought a beta version IMO, and should be entitled to a discount!

Dedicated Scrapper sugar n spice's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    the tut video is fantastic

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

hi I was disapointed that there was very litle help it is the first programme i have bought where there is no manual I have had a play and when clicked help just went to the the crafty clubs few tutorials .they said they wer going to make it easier to understand than the instuctions for the craft robo that they had realised what mistakes they had made with that then they dont even bother putting many on.I am shatterd when i get home from work and dont have a lot of concentration on and need some guide lines also

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

We deliberately removed the Cadlink tutorial files because we thought that most would find them very confusing. In view of the comments we had on the RoboMaster instructions I deliberately made the tutorials simple thinking that people could use this as a starting point to get them going and then explore more of the advance features as their experience grew.

Previously we have had loads of users who say they never read manuals and I mistakenly thought that the tutorials would be a better way to go. I know there are a few tuts missing, there is no excuses for this, just pure pressure of work, the number of people ordering Designmaster in such a short space of time took us all by suprise and it was all hands to the deck to make sure we got everything out.

Anyway having realised that I have made a mistake I have comissioned Sandy McCauley who makes those fantastic training videos to produce a instruction manual for Design master. Sandy has previously produced manuals for the KnK so knows the software well.

Sandy has promised the manual will be finished by the end of next week.

I am sorry for the mistake

Phil

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Now we are all working together, things will be a lot easier.

Good work Sandy and Phil

xxxxx

Wow - looking forward to that manual as Sandy has a great way of putting things across. Thanks Phil and we do realise that life things can really take over and we can't always do what we intended. I intended to do some of the dreaded h******* word today but been playing instead with design master and spending too much time on this forum lol.

View Gallery

Fantastic news, looking forward to the manual thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Videos and Manual

Even though I moaned about having to buy extra videos, I did and they are brilliant.
    Now looking forward to the manual next week.

Thanks Sandy and Philk.

View Gallery

This is good news Phil and Sandy, finally a collaboration of experts. I know that no-one will be disappointed when the manual becomes available and even though I have the KnK manual for guidence I will still be downloading the one that Sandy will prepare for us. I also have all her video's and they are excellent and definately worth the $'s.

Here's to a successful joint venture