Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: GRA files

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

GRA files

Hi has anyone made and saved a file in the new format that they would be willing to upload. I'd just like to see in the KNK will open it if the file extension is changed. Unlikely I know, but worth a try.

Just something simple some welded text maybe.

Thanks

ErikaP

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Erika, in best Blue Peter fashion here's one I prepared earlier. In fact the only one I have. I just tried uploading the file but it is an invalid format. I shall be happy to send it to you if you PM your email address.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks For the offer.

Madeleine sent me a file, and as I suspected, the file will not open in KNK Studio. Bit of a shame since they are the same programme, Studio just being a fuller version. I guess Graphtec have had something done to the file to ensure it only works in their software.

It does tie people into Graphtec machines, if anyone wants to change to a different machine manufacturer, all their existing files will be useless.

Maybe someone will develop a little programme like wishaway that allows the sharing of the files. We can live in hope.

ErikaP

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Hi Erika

I have just saved the Seasons Greetings that Lauraine has put on, the actual image took into my Robo Master got outline in auto trace and it has cut great, so although the files can not be used you can take them in and then convert to gsd, not sure if this will work in KNK but cannot see why not.

Hope you didnt mind me using your image Lauraine

xxxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaP View Post
    It does tie people into Graphtec machines, if anyone wants to change to a different machine manufacturer, all their existing files will be useless.

ErikaP
    It won't stop me from exploring cutting machines and software.
    If they do not have a machine with 500g pressure and the cuttingsize of a pro by the time I have money saved for a bigger machine, I will shop elsewhere. Even if it means my designed Gra are not compatible with other software. What it does is making me think twice to invest in software that is nice but has very limited export possibillities.

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

I also am in the process of buying another machine, i think if you have the image you will be able to take it in as ajpg and them convert to whatever your machine saves as,

I have not bought the new software but was interested to see how file transfer could be done.

xxxxxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by witchy1066 View Post
    I also am in the process of buying another machine, i think if you have the image you will be able to take it in as ajpg and them convert to whatever your machine saves as,

I have not bought the new software but was interested to see how file transfer could be done.

xxxxxx
    What I do now is save the jpg if there is one, save a screenprint, save that as a jpg as well, save the GMK and finally save the GSD. I think when I get DM I have to add another thing to the saved things in a folder of that particulair design. The Gra...

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Hi Meadelie

nice to here from you I agree about the dongle.

I am sure i read on here somewhere that the templates you have created in Robo Master will open in Design Master.

templates created in Design master will not open in Robo Master
    or KNK ,

but as my mum used to say "there is more than one way to skin a cat"

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

View Gallery

I'm afraid that only a portion of gsd's will open in DesignMaster. It all depends on how they were originally created.

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Hi Sandy

Thats not what we were lead to believe, i will go back and try to find the thread.

I have not got the new software but have managed to cut lauraine's seasons greeting using the image in Robo Master then auto trace then save as jpg.

so am i right in thinking if you have an image of the template it can be converted, or was this just luck on my part.

xxxx