Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    yes, thought about that after I had explained your post to OH. He is a CAD Draughtsman and knows a lot about HIS software how to get it to do this that and the other for his big plotter it does fantastic things, BUT it did cost several thousand pounds ...............................!!

Sue

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!! reversed width and height in machine limits and it works.

Second question....................... sorry!

Is there anyway I can get it to start the design at the top left of the carrier sheet as in robo master instead of at bottom left as it does now and still keep the design correct when it goes to cut??

Sue

View Gallery

If you switch to Page instead of Sign Blank under Cut>Plotting Defaults then it will move the image to the origin and you'll be cutting at the top. I'm trying to figure out, though, if there's an easy way to get it to cut like RM. See, the problem is the entire orientation is a bit reversed. Let me think about it for awhile...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ok, sorry Sandy, you are getting a lot of hassle over this.

I am very grateful that I have managed to get the text exactly how it looked on the sign blank to be honest with you.

You are a star.

Sue

View Gallery

Thanks!

I'm going to go work on the manual now! Yikes! Half the day is gone and I haven't really started on it! But I will be able to use all of this info in it.

If any of you still see people struggling with where things cut in the other threads, please refer them to this one AND tell them that they may need to reverse those machine limits when cutting in landscape. Thanks!

Sandy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    Sue can you let me know what your settings are as I am really confused.

Also does anyone have any idea why mine is cutting upside down?

Mine is cutting right (almost) since I reversed those settings but is still not cutting the left hand side line even though its well within the page limits. It does cut in reverse the first time but ends up finishing down the bottom and not the top end. If I leave the sheet in it will start cutting in the bottom of the sheet then not the top arghh!!!

Seems we are getting somewhere now though - how stupid is that? You'd have thought someone would have tested the software on a craft robo before it was sent out though wouldn't you lol?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Subbing

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I had no problem cutting - these are my settings:
    Susibi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I cut no problem these are my settings:
    Susibi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Susibi does the carrier sheet return to the start position mine seems to stop short of where it started

View Gallery

Thanks Susi. I followed your settings and placed my word in the same place as yours but my word cuts on the same side as yours but nearest the machine not the other end, and its still face down, not face up.

And I still can't do more than one cut, ie i don't know how to do copy and paste, or muti cut as Sandy called it.

View Gallery

Susibi whats your object start point in Plotting Defaults, mines current. I wondered if that was wrong, although I haven't chanaged it, i think.

Mine starts at the end I feed in to the machine and finishes at the other end on the right. Must admit not sure if I've changed the settings as I think I've pressed every button in sight lol

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I feed in the carrier sheet - the machine cuts and returns to where it starts from, exactly as if I was using RM.
    In my plotting default menu the set origin is in the bottom left hand corner square and I've left it there.

Honest - the word is the right way up - run through your settings and I'll tell you what I have!
    Susibi