Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

DM couple of questions

ok i posted earlier that ive just had a very quick go a welding a simple word and sending it to cut.

1 i am still confused over where it actually cuts, ive just read sandy's message with the pdf's but her screen shot looks diferent to mine and i appear to have the same settings.

2 can someone tell me what this sign blank actually means? or does?

3 am i to assume if i open a blank A4 page the black outline is my cutting area? ie equivelant to the red box in rm? in other words i can use all the space as long as i dont go over or is that not right?

I gave up on page blank very early on as it wasn't cutting where I wanted so went to page like Sandy suggested - only thing is on page it is set to A4 so have to be careful where you design. Now things have been sorted out a bit (settings reversed) I may go back to sign blank so would be interested to know the answers to your questions too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    Well i tried cutting inside all 4 corners of the sign blank, i typed in Top left, Top Right, bottom left and bottom right, then wrote that on the paper just to see where it would cut and it was a disaster. It cut both top left and top right over each other, at the farthest end of the carrier sheet! (and bottom left/bottom right) I don't know what to do now.

Unfortunately Phils tutorial is cutting portrait not landscape, so this is getting worse not better.