Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Scrapper and cardmaker
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Those little easels and your photography tips

I've noticed that some of you have a cute little easel that you use when photographing cards. Where do you get those?

Also what tips do you have for getting the best photos of your creations?

I've taken to putting my cards and LOs on the freezer in the lean-to (very bright lighting) and then standing over them with the camera on macro mode with the flash. And then cropping them down to about 800 by 600 pixels. But I think there's still a lot of room for improvement.....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have some mini easels, the lovely Ikea for about 50p! I always photograph my work outside in natural light, no issues with lighting and flash then. Of course that isn't helpful when its windy or dark outside...I've had a few annoying gusts of wind!
    Jenny Cocks, visit my blog Don't get mad, get crafty!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I'd like some photography tips too - I'm not the best It is best to take them in natural light (outdoors) like Jenny said but not always practical really. I have two windows in my dining room where the light does come in OK so I tend to stick my cards on my dining table facing the light IYSWIM. Sometimes though if it's a dark day or too sunny a day it can be a pain

I've also found recently that when I take pics at 5 MP they are fine but then when I resize them they look OK until I post them somewhere and then they look really pixelated - it's driving me mad as it's only been the last 8 weeks or so where it's happened!

So, basically, watching this thread with interest.... You could always try the photography forum as well.
    My blogaroonie: Patsy's Little Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Well I can't say much my photography leaves a lot to be desired, I seem to always want to take photos of my cards in the evening after I have just finished a card, I get toooo excited and want to post them!!! lol

I do find I take better photos in my conservatory at the moment, but again during the day.

I got my little easel from Ikea, hubby thought I had totally lost the plot, again!! he he

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I have just bought a mini easel from Hobbycraft. it was half price to £2.49 and it came with a mini canvas which I am going to let my 20 month daughter paint on. Bargain!!!!!
    Blog:-Minty Magic's Blog
    CJs: Digi CJ

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Try Wilkinsons for easels - I got mine for about £2 (I think) and it's 15" high.

Dedicated Scrapper happyscrappers3's Avatar
    View Gallery

hobbycraft easel

I don't live near a hobbycraft store but went onto their website and you can order through the Gloucester store. I rang about 3ish yesterday afternoon and placed an order for the easels (which are £2.49 half price) and they have arrived this morning. Can't fault that.

Just thought i would let you know

Liza

Scrapper and cardmaker
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks for all the pointers ladies!

Would be a dedicated scrapper if I wasnt a dedicated UKS'er! TracyG_04's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I find scanning cards works much better, just make sure if the card is light coloured that you put a piece of dark paper behind it, otherwise you cant see the edges
    My blogMy craft blog

Stocking swap

Dedicated Scrapper smileyprincess5's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by claire.viney View Post
    I have just bought a mini easel from Hobbycraft. it was half price to £2.49 and it came with a mini canvas which I am going to let my 20 month daughter paint on. Bargain!!!!!
    I just got that too! I wish that I would have known about Ikea though! 50p is much better!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    They never seem to have any in at Ikea when I go - I've been on the hunt for them for someone else for months. Scrapz have something similar:
    http://scrapz.co.uk/catalog/advanced...a9210a406693a5 for those who are not near a Hobbycraft or Wilkinson's store.
    : o 0 PETRA 0 o :
    August 2013 week 1 challenge
    July 2013 1 x SLO= 10 points

Collector of pretty things Samm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I have two canvasses that I put one on top of another and I photograph them on my computer chair!!! I photograph in natural light, even if it's dark and lighten in ps elements.