Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I will let Linda reply now, all I will say on naming and shaming, it wont work and I wont go into details. you can pm me if you wish on this

Alan
    A member of Just Cutters - Against Copyright Infringement
    New to UKS? Need Help? Go Here

Dedicated Scrapper thecountryrose's Avatar
    View Gallery

I agree with what everyone has said too. I'm wondering though, who else's designs are on her cd (and not neccessarily from this site, but maybe others) and if she will just remove Linda's designs and then be right back to selling other people's work. I have a hard time believing she was unaware, like Ruthan said, especially since she would not post pics of the designs on the cd on the auction site. I liked someone's suggestion about getting the cd and posting the designs on it so we could see if anyone else's work is on it. I hope that she really didn't lose her son, but if she will sell other's work, she has already established herself as dishonest so can we really believe that a Dr. told her to find a hobby? I would be upset with my Dr. if he told me something like that! That would be such a flippant remark to make to anyone after such a tragedy. Most Dr's would recommend grief counseling and medication, not to get a 'hobby'.

I think you are doing right thing Linda. She should reimburse you for any money she has already made on your designs as well.

Dedicated Scrapper moonbeamcottage's Avatar
    View Gallery

Sorry to hear this has happened Linda - All the time I've been using the internet things like that keep happening. People with no morals steal the work of those who have been generous enough to share. I've seen it happen with Web Graphics and Printables graphics too. The people who give their work freely finally get fed up with it and don't want to share their talent anymore and who can blame them? As you said the odd person spoils it for everyone else. Glad to hear you've taken positive action though. Whether or not this person has been through a personal tragedy is no excuse, theft is theft and trying to engage your sympathy by saying such a thing is reprehensible.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by thecountryrose View Post
    I agree with what everyone has said too. I'm wondering though, who else's designs are on her cd (and not neccessarily from this site, but maybe others) and if she will just remove Linda's designs and then be right back to selling other people's work. .
    I cant go into details but things are in hand it would be nice if anyone has bought any cds off of this well known site to contact me.
    I have a hard time believing she was unaware, like Ruthan said, especially since she would not post pics of the designs on the cd on the auction site. I liked someone's suggestion about getting the cd and posting the designs on it so we could see if anyone else's work is on it. I hope that she really didn't lose her son, but if she will sell other's work, she has already established herself as dishonest so can we really believe that a Dr. told her to find a hobby? I would be upset with my Dr. if he told me something like that! That would be such a flippant remark to make to anyone after such a tragedy. Most Dr's would recommend grief counseling and medication, not to get a 'hobby'.

I think you are doing right thing Linda. She should reimburse you for any money she has already made on your designs as well.[/QUOTE]
    once again things are in hand
    Alan
    A member of Just Cutters - Against Copyright Infringement
    New to UKS? Need Help? Go Here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Only just read this post, It is awful.

View Gallery

I see someone else is now selling a CD with Robo files on it. This one does at least have one picture on it. Again like the other person the seller does not state anywhere that the contents are their own work. Has any one bought any of this sellers CDs? She is an established seller and the other CD(non robo) she is selling shows a lot more info and pictures.

Lynne

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecountryrose View Post
    I liked someone's suggestion about getting the cd and posting the designs on it so we could see if anyone else's work is on it..
    I don't think this is a good idea at all however helpful it we might find it - it would also be contravening copyright as you'd be publishing other peoples' designs (even though it would be for a good - and non profitable - cause!)...

Rosemary

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lindyloulou View Post
    I see someone else is now selling a CD with Robo files on it. This one does at least have one picture on it. Again like the other person the seller does not state anywhere that the contents are their own work. Has any one bought any of this sellers CDs? She is an established seller and the other CD(non robo) she is selling shows a lot more info and pictures.

Lynne
    Let's not start a witch hunt. Just because one person does something wrong doesn't mean at all that everyone in a similar postion should be tarred with the same brush. So unless you've got proof that this other seller is using other peoples' designs too - just please leave well alone - otherwise it could get into the realms of slander.

Rosemary

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Linda and Alan
    i have bought a cd off the person with 100 templates on, but would not know at the moment if they belonged to anyone on here as i have not been a member for long and have not yet dowloaded all the templates but if you want the cd you can certainly have it.
    Janet xx

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - beanpole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Was thinking about maybe putting some designs together to sell, but will stick to selling my diecuts now! And best of luck, ladies, we support what you are doing. Am a writer so v familiar with copyright! I let a few garden clubs use my crosswords in their newsletters etc and they always credit it, so everyone happy. What these crooks dont seem to get is that Everyone can see what they are doing!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    Let's not start a witch hunt. Just because one person does something wrong doesn't mean at all that everyone in a similar postion should be tarred with the same brush. So unless you've got proof that this other seller is using other peoples' designs too - just please leave well alone - otherwise it could get into the realms of slander.

Rosemary

Rosemary I have not said anywhere in my post that the seller is using other peoples designs, as you rightly say I have no proof and would under no circumstances accuse anyone of theft without concrete proof.
    My main concern was that lack of info the seller gives in comparison with the comprehensive info given with her other non Robo CD. Not starting a witchhunt.

Lynne

olly
    View Gallery

HI i am absolutly disgusted that anyone would think of selling something that another person designed. i dont design and am very gratefull for this site and all the templates and all the help
    I have been on to look and there is only one cd on and that is the one with one picture, all the others have been removed.
    Good Luck Linda
    Hope everything works out for you
    Olwyn

View Gallery

had to go and take a peek to see for myself, just seen the one cd on there, not sure if this is the one you are revering too, and i could not believe my eyes i hope people do not think it is me, as the sellers name to this CD is nearly the same as my name on this site,

kate

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lindyloulou View Post
    Rosemary I have not said anywhere in my post that the seller is using other peoples designs, as you rightly say I have no proof and would under no circumstances accuse anyone of theft without concrete proof.
    My main concern was that lack of info the seller gives in comparison with the comprehensive info given with her other non Robo CD. Not starting a witchhunt.

Lynne
    My apologies then Lynne: your post read to me as if you were suspecting the seller of similar misdeeds beause of the lack of information they provided.

I was (and still am) very concerned that people will start imagining problems with every single seller of CR templates and cds that are sold on ebay now, due to this one case - it's happened before...

Rosemary

This kind of thing happens all the time on other forums too. I know it ahs happened on a 3d forum that I belong to. There will always be some devious person who will try and make money from other peoples talents. The trouble is it spoils things for genuine crafters who are happy to share their work with people like me who can only design welded words and who has no imagination to design anything.

Hope things get sorted for you Linda and that it doesn't put you off designing and sharing your great talent.

Janet