Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I am sorry that despite letting you know in advance that the refund process would take 14 days - that you are still expecting it to be instant. The reason for the delay is that funds take up to 7-10 days to be returned to the paypal account from the bank account. Once the funds are there - they will be refunded to the paypal account that paid the deposit(s). This is to prevent mistakes, and ensure the funds are tracked back.

The amount is refunded in full. Paypal does take a cut, as it already has from all the payments Lipstick received. Lipstick has overwritten that loss to pay the refund in full - and unfortunately not in a position to overwrite the fees twice.

I have offered to send cheques if anyone does not want to receive their money back via the method they paid. This is an additional admin element, which I am happy to do - but do ask for a SAE to ensure that the process is accurate.

I am sorry for your disappointment. I am disappointed.

I am also sorry for you Tracey. Hope you are ok.
    Becks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    i am not going but i am not surprised by all this lack of communication ect.

tghe event was cancelled by organisers so why should people who were going beout of pocket when it is nothing to do with them? they shouldnt!

i used to own a shop and used scrapgenie for a while which is why i did not sign up to this as they are very disorganised.

every penny should be refunded in full and an explanation given

swaps - chinse whsiper christmas card

View Gallery

I am not sure how all the heckling helps?

I have stated that the monies are refunded in full. The email regarding this was sent to everyone who subscribed - when the announcement was made. The reason for the cancellation was missing from the original email - and I apologise for that. There were insufficient numbers to make this event viable.

It was a really hard decision, and I am sorry for the frustration it has caused.

Love pretty paper and dies Fairysparkle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    We are still waiting for an explanation Becks tho you saw fit to post a reason on the smack blog which is in conflict with what you stated on here.
    We would just like to be treated with honesty!
    Lorraine

on a stash diet.....indefinately!! suttyscrappers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    can you please let me and catherine know if and when we will recieve our prizes for the challenges we did. In my case it may at least help my dissappointment and balance the fact that i have paid for a hotel for the thursday night.
    Hi I'm Andrea... and im happy to be S.A.D
    FEBRUARY... stash cash £0 (spent it all on Scrap-a-ganza ) ... S.A.D challenges - wk18-21 - 0 Total LO's JAN - 7, FEB - 11, MAR - 9, April - 9, May - 24

NT is not 'normal' it is just common! Wisher's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (187)
    Quote Originally Posted by becks2501 View Post
    I am sorry that despite letting you know in advance that the refund process would take 14 days - that you are still expecting it to be instant. The reason for the delay is that funds take up to 7-10 days to be returned to the paypal account from the bank account. Once the funds are there - they will be refunded to the paypal account that paid the deposit(s). This is to prevent mistakes, and ensure the funds are tracked back.

The amount is refunded in full. Paypal does take a cut, as it already has from all the payments Lipstick received. Lipstick has overwritten that loss to pay the refund in full - and unfortunately not in a position to overwrite the fees twice.

I have offered to send cheques if anyone does not want to receive their money back via the method they paid. This is an additional admin element, which I am happy to do - but do ask for a SAE to ensure that the process is accurate.

I am sorry for your disappointment. I am disappointed.

I am also sorry for you Tracey. Hope you are ok.
    Becks
    Becks

It is not the case - Lipstick "overwriting once" so not doing so again. We are LEGALLY entitled to a FULL refund without incurring additional costs. Lipstick CHOSE to accept paypal deposits and this was offered as the PREFERRED method. Customers are not CHOOSING a paypal refund. This is a problem caused by Lipstick and customers should NOT be penalised.

I hope this clarifies matters.
    Swaps: unofficial found poetry (sent - waiting for return) , stocking swap 2023 advent swap 2023
    Gill x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    I don't think heckling is the right word, we are all expressing our concerns, frustrations and anger at the way this is being handled and yes getting this off our chests. You should know about heckling, you've spent enough time on the smack blog, now that's heckling!!

The reason for the cancellation was missing from the original email - and I apologise for that. There were insufficient numbers to make this event viable.
    But surely you still had five months before the event?? Plenty of time for booking?

I am really sorry Becks, I know this has been a hard decision for you and it hasn't done your reputation any good, you are probably getting it in the neck from all angles and I do feel for you but at the end of the day it has upset a lot of people, what did you expect?
    RUTH

CJ's: NONE!
    SWAPS: MME Bakers Twine Swap!

View Gallery

There were insufficient numbers to make this event viable.
    I have followed this thread with interest, and just feel that I have to put my two penn'orth in. If the event has been cancelled because of lack of numbers then that can't be that many people to refund, so surely it wouldn't cost that much extra to cover everyone's Paypal charges, or to post out cheques?

I appreciate that it must have been a hard decision to make, but the least we can expect is to receive a FULL refund, without having to go to the hassle and expense of posting an SAE

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiddyH View Post
    I have followed this thread with interest, and just feel that I have to put my two penn'orth in. If the event has been cancelled because of lack of numbers then that can't be that many people to refund, so surely it wouldn't cost that much extra to cover everyone's Paypal charges, or to post out cheques?

I appreciate that it must have been a hard decision to make, but the least we can expect is to receive a FULL refund, without having to go to the hassle and expense of posting an SAE
    Absolutely! Trouble is, even if I opt for a cheque, it's a 30 mile round trip to the bank. This shouldn't even be up for discussion, there should be no question of us receiving anything other than a full refund, including any charges incurred.

I'm sorry if Becks feels that she's being hassled, but even she would have to admit that hard fact has been somewhat thin on the ground. Surely we can't all be expected to receive an informationally sparse email then just sit back and say "ah, well! Such is life!" I think we're all perfectly entitled to say how we're feeling, and so far as I've been able to see, everyone on UKS has been extremely polite thus far.

At the end of all this, it was just a scrapping retreat - not a matter of life and death, and as far as I can see that's exactly how everyone is treating it. We are, however, entitled to be unhappy with the situation and to share those feelings with others in the same situation. For many of us this would have been a first retreat, and represented a large investment as well as requiring logistical skills which would be admired by many a large organisation, and as such is cancellation has been very disappointing.
    So, Becks, get over yourself and realise that this is not all about how you are feeling.
    Karen

Simply MAD about cyber crops! suffolkscrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    like ruth i have kept quiet too - to be honest i dont care why its cancelled - its up to becks i guess however BECKS - i shall pm you a copy of this post too - if I incur ANY charges from my £30 ie if i dont get £30 back in my account after any charges then I shall be contacting trading standards. Also if you want to send me cheque instead thats fine but i WILL NOT be sending you an SAE.
    Cherry Hulmes
    Cherry
    Samba 06, Hufflepuff Head Girl 06, Hearts 07 Completely Crackers 07 Comedy King 08 Wicked Tin-Man 09 Top Hat 10 Jingle Belle 10 Scholars 12

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    "I have offered to send cheques if anyone does not want to receive their money back via the method they paid. This is an additional admin element, which I am happy to do - but do ask for a SAE to ensure that the process is accurate."

Another way would be to just refund everyone by cheque - that way there would be no fees to pay and you would not have even more annoyed customers. I can't recall whether or not we supplied our address when we paid our deposit but I assume so.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.