Smax, ever the technical expert, has a solution which will, I think, be the best one.

Here is how it will work:

1. We will post a thread that contains a link to an email request form for access.

2. It will include T&C info about the template downloads, prohibiting them from being re-packaged or sold. This email will include UKS user name and mailling address.

3. The email notify me to add that user to a special Robo Download user group. Only that user group will have access to the template download forum. This means that even if someone were to create a new user name they would not be able to access the forum, nor will they be able to share the access on any group or via email.

At least initially this will be a massive amount of work for Smax and I, and more work for me on an ongoing basis (although I hope this will tail off once the main group of people get access) but it seems the most secure way to do things.

We can't limit this to 30-day membership as we can't do both - and Smax and I feel that allowing access manually will be a tighter control. Making it 30-day member means automatically after 30 days people would get access.

Also, and Smax is testing this right now, but I have to scoot off for Maddie's Riding for the Disabled party in 5 mins. and wanted to get this out ASAP so I may have it wrong, non members will see the template titles only, not any of the attachment images. Right Smax just Skyped me that this is true - all members can see the forum, see that there are attchaments, but not see the images and not download the GSDs.

As to uploads you DO NOT need to have access to upload (although why people would do that I don't know ) although without access you won't be able to see the images.

Smax is working on the email form now, and I hope to have it sorted maybe even later today - I hope you all feel this is the best solution (we do, given the limitations of the vB software) and that it will make people feel secure enough to re-add their templates back in to UKS!