Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Question about BAK files in Design Master

I've had a go at designing a few files in DM which I've enjoyed. I just wanted to check something - I have files saved with the same file name but the ending .BAK. I'm presuming they're just backup files and that deleting them won't cause a problem with the main .GRA file but wanted to check before I did it.

Also can anyone give any advice on how to add your details into files so they can't be copied by anyone else? I just wrote it in in txt but am aware that can be removed if people want to. Not that my templates are that likely to be taken

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    No problem with deleting the bak files. If you want to turn this off, go to Options, click on automatic save and a box will pop up - untick the box to create back up files.

Adding details: best thing is to put your name on the file name itself so that there can be no misunderstanding on who the file belongs to! People would have to actually change the file name which means there is intent on their part to defraud - most details on the file itself can be deleted. So if you make a template of a hat, call it hat'your name'.gsd. As for not nicking your templates, most are 'hoovered up!', so be prepared lol

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    You can also change your text to a .bitmap file by going to Tranform>Render to Bitmap. While the user can still delete it, they might be less likely to do so if they realize that what you have is more of a "logo" and not lettering that would be cuttable. Does that make sense?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks shopmo and Sandy. That helps lots. I think I'll leave the autosave option on as my DM has a habit of closing unexpectedly. I've no idea why, but I just make sure I save regularly as I go along.

Thanks for the tips for sharing files. I really don't think my templates are up to much at the moment but I thought I'd get into a good habit right from the beginning. Off to upload them now