Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

how to scrap birthday/christmas cards

Dear all,
    I need some ideas on how to display cards that I have been sent. I gave birth to my daughter in October but she was born with a "life limiting condition" She died on Jan 1st. I am creating a scrapbook of her life and want to include everything. how can i display the congrats cards and our sympathy cards?
    Many thanks

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love... dancingqueen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I am so very sorry to hear this, but what a wonderful idea to celebrate her life in this way. Perhaps, depending on how many cards you have, you could make a sort of horizontal pocket in the LO and display the cards behind that? You could then add photos or journalling or both on to the front of the pocket and the cards would be easily reachable, should you want to look at them again. This wouldn't work with a huge amount of cards however, so I'm sure someone else has a far better idea. Just wanted to put this forward - I've used it many times for displaying important cards.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    just an idea but i made all my christmas cards into a book using my bind it all machine, with chipboard covers, could you do something like that perhaps.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    I've done a LO which included the Easter cards/mother and Fathers day cards from . So I've scanned them (out and inside) then printed them (once reduced to the size I wanted) sticking the inside to the outside photo.

I've then hanged them like painting/photo on a wall.

But you could make a tag book or tuck them in a horizontal pocket as suggested by dancing queen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    So sorry to hear about the trauma you must be going through, what a lovely idea to celebrate you DD's life.

How about a mixed media minibook, I came across this one yesterday, you could include tags, photos, envelopes with cards in, photo copies of birth certifcate etc.

There was also a lovely envelope album in this months Scrapbook Inspiration mag, I'll see if there's a photo online of it.

Post a photo of your finished creation, we would love to see it.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Couldn't find a picture of the envelope album, but you basically make envelopes of varying size and bind it between two covers (they used a Bind It All, but you could use book rings)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Wasn't there a birthday card book project in the summer cyber crop-which could be adapted? I think what you are doing is a lovely way to celebrate your daughter's life.

ETS took me ages to find this,sorry,

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...=birthday+book
    Last edited by Sue Bradley; 30-01-2008 at 01:06 AM.
    Life is 10% what happens to you,and 90% how you react to it.