Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)

1950's themed album...

I want to make a mini album for my grandparents' wedding anniversary....they were married in the 50's so I thought it'd be cool to include info about what was going on at the time, fashion, food, adverts, films, famous people....possibly old photos of the area they lived in etc....

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good websites where I can get some info (English ones preferably) and possibly any places where I can get 1950's style fabrics etc

thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

50's theme

I did an album for my aunts 65th birthday and wanted to include pic's of the street she used to live in as a child ( now demolished )

I went to the local records office in the museum and they had a catalogue of photo's taken by the city engineers before demolition they allowed me to take photo's of their pictures and they turned out OK.

I am sure your city museum will help

good luck

Jan

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    great idea I'm sure there are photos online somewhere of the general area they lived in or at least of the city as well I'm also planning on getting a copy of their marriage certificate to include in it as well

Thanks for the idea

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley Jan View Post
    I did an album for my aunts 65th birthday and wanted to include pic's of the street she used to live in as a child ( now demolished )

I went to the local records office in the museum and they had a catalogue of photo's taken by the city engineers before demolition they allowed me to take photo's of their pictures and they turned out OK.

I am sure your city museum will help

good luck

Jan
    You should not of mentioned that, guess where I will be when I am back home in July!!!

Thanks Jean

I Love Scrappy Goodies lislescrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I've been doing something similar but for a birthday, I'll post a couple of links which may help. I think there's a few links in the library too for This day in history sites.

1950s images http://www.sensibility.com/vintageimages/index.htm

1950s tv Nostalgia http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/