Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sure Cuts Alot

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    wow, this is the first i have heard about this. Have i got this right, this is not the software you can buy from cricut makers to join up words and so on, it is something completely different?
    Yvette

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Yes, that's right yvette. If you read through this thread you'll get a great insight into the program and most of the info you should need!

HTH

Kevin x

Swaps: Alphabets, Decorated Chipboard
    My Blog: The Krafty Korner

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Well after reading this thread over the last few days, I've taken the plunge and made a purchase, many thanks for the tip off on the discount code. May be back for help when I start downloading etc!

View Gallery

I've done it - upgraded my firmware from the site Simon recomended, tried the trial version of SCAL, bought the full version, registered it and made my first proper cut - all in about 15 minutes. Its brill!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the discount code definately works!!

View Gallery

I have gone back and read all the thread now, I just got a bit carried away! with all the excitement! Off to look at the site now whoo hoo.
    Yvette

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidijw View Post
    I've done it - upgraded my firmware from the site Simon recomended, tried the trial version of SCAL, bought the full version, registered it and made my first proper cut - all in about 15 minutes. Its brill!!!!!!!!

Me too - how exciting. Now to work out how to weld, download lots more fonts and wingdings, look at the SCAL forum and and and and ........

Thanks for everyone's advice on here and the OP post, otherwise I would be none the wiser!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Does anyone one know if you buy this can it be used on more than one computer?

View Gallery

Me too, I have just been looking on that site, I remember that when i tried to get the official trial version of software i had problems because of the USB. I see on the thread that you just need an ordinary USB cable but the ones i have don't fit the cricut! Did anyone else have to buy a different type?
    Yvette

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    i have cut and downloaded loads inthe house since i got it!! best money i have ever sent woop. off to play more.....

swaps - chinse whsiper christmas card

View Gallery

Disregard previous post. I have just disconnected the printer and tried it in the bug, seems to fit!! I didn't need to force it or anything so i guess it does. That was the only thing stopping me, now must go and search for the discount code........
    Yvette

Always use a spelll checker! ruskin-art's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Heidijw View Post

I am so jealous as mine does not work!!

I have been trying for ages. I can write the words I want on the SCAL screen , then press cut and it is sent to the cricut - this sends theblade to the middle of the paper then straight back home and ejects the paper!

I have tried to remove the updated version of cricut and download the one simon sent but it appears to be excatly the same and still won't cut. So I am not a happy bunny and I tried to do everything right!

2010 challenge = undertaking '52 walks' photography project.

my blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ruskin-art View Post

I have been trying for ages. I can write the words I want on the SCAL screen , then press cut and it is sent to the cricut - this sends theblade to the middle of the paper then straight back home and ejects the paper!

I have tried to remove the updated version of cricut and download the one simon sent but it appears to be excatly the same and still won't cut. So I am not a happy bunny and I tried to do everything right!
    Did you update the firmware with the DS that I placed the link for Deb?

Simon

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruskin-art View Post

Did you update the firmware on your cricut as you need to do this first using the CDS that Simon linked to.

Always use a spelll checker! ruskin-art's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Did you update the firmware with the DS that I placed the link for Deb?

Simon
    I had already done it from the link Kevin sent me earlier in the morning - before I got your link. I have tried to uninstall it and install it from the link you sent which I saved on my desktop - but it looks just exactly the same and has not made any difference to the cricut - it still says version 2.1 and still won't cut!

2010 challenge = undertaking '52 walks' photography project.

my blog

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    EVeryone has been saying how good the SCAL customer service is, sounds like this is the time to put it to the test!
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog