Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sure Cuts Alot

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    oo am tempted!!! where can u get the templates from? my machine was formt he uk when they first came out so i have no warrenty anyway lol. but do i really need it........
    have had terrible trouble with the DS and tried to ocntact provocraft a million times and am still waitting for them to get back to me!

swaps - chinse whsiper christmas card

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I have been thinking about a cricuit for so long now... and just heard about this software at crop last week.

I had been put off the cricuit because I would forever be wanting new carts. I guess with this software it isn't the case tho?

Seems like a winner to me and would cut down on the amount of alpha packs I get through each month!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jencrafts View Post
    I'm very intrigued by this, does anyone have any pics of their creations, they'd like to share.

oooh yes, please do - I'd love to see, so i can get even MORE excited whilst I await delievery of my expression, LOL (If that's possible!!)

bernie X
    Happy to CT for
    Aimee Harrison Design Studios, A-Liya, Creative Victorian Designs, Feli Designs, JoeG Designs, Maguette Scrap Design, SherieJD, Snickerdoodle Design by Karen & ViVa Artistry

I'd do more scrapping if I wasn't here! Jencrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieTuffs View Post
    oooh yes, please do - I'd love to see, so i can get even MORE excited whilst I await delievery of my expression, LOL (If that's possible!!)

bernie X
    Just be careful you don't pop with excitement! LOL
    Slinky Pink Scrappers
    CJ

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Just bought SCAL, my experience is as follows, maybe useful to someone else thinking of getting it:

The software in my cricut said version 1.0 in the cricut display window when I turned it on, and I knew from reading threads on here that it needs to say V. 1.1 to be able to cut fonts and shapes from my PC.

I installed the demo version of Cricut Design Studio that I had downloaded a while back, and went to the Help menu and used the Update firmware option. After following a few simple instructions, 5 mins later my cricut had updated itself and was ready. Installed the SCAL software and it works a treat!! For £36 I have gone from owning 3 cartridges to having hundreds of fonts and shapes to use, I'm practically dancing around the room!!
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

Veni, Vidi,Visa.... I came, I saw, I shopped :D ScrappyDandyDoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    OOO Dan you are tempting me now!!!!
    The only thing is I'm worried about breaking Jimney when I have only had him two months I did get mine from US though so unlikely to have warranty issues - seeing as it's not covered!!
    hmmmmmm - keep us updated with how you get on with it

View Gallery

Have been cutting stuff all night, it's great!
    My Blog

View Gallery

is there a link on here for the scal...I thought it was c£70 if it's only £36 I'll get it now, ready for when my cricut arrives, LOL

Dan, you gonna post what you've cut?!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone else?!!!

Bernie X
    Happy to CT for
    Aimee Harrison Design Studios, A-Liya, Creative Victorian Designs, Feli Designs, JoeG Designs, Maguette Scrap Design, SherieJD, Snickerdoodle Design by Karen & ViVa Artistry

View Gallery

Jencrafts...had better not POP, LOL wanna liveto see my cricut!!!

so glad you got what i meant though as reading it back it sounded like I was being sarcy, but i wasn't...I AM actually THAT excited about getting my cricut, LOL

Bernie X
    Happy to CT for

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi Bernie, you're gonna love the expression! I bought scal this afternoon, finally persuaded by Dan's enthusiastic review. I've cut a stencil using a downloaded font called Flores for the title of a lo using a photo from the pwl workshop. You might remember the 'daisies' conversation which went on for a while! I'll have a go at scanning the stencil and uploading it.
    ....if you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got

View Gallery

that'd be great - yep remember the daisies...or was it a marguerite, LOL
    thanks...will be watching forit!!

bernie X
    Happy to CT for

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    So folks, for someone like me who is hoping to get a Cricut later in the year (well DH has asked what I wanted for the Big Birthday, unfortunately I don't think he believed me, but that just means I have a bit of work to do LOL!) I was thinking of getting the Expression with the two cartridges, plus the Design Studio software.

Would I not need to get the DS software if I got this SCAL software? Dan said he needed to use the DS to update the machine to use the latest version of SCAL - would this still be the case with a 'new' machine?

I have a Robo, but frankly it scares me! I can never get the software to do what I want (simple things like cut a shape to the right measurement, or weld without sticky-outy bits) but I'm really convinced I would use the Cricut more.

So, what would you do if starting from scratch?
    Eileen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BernieTuffs View Post
    Dan, you gonna post what you've cut?!!!!!!!!!
    LOL... I've just been cutting out rubbish really, just to test it. I think I'm gonna use it to make a birthday card for a friend tomorrow, if I do, I'll post that on here
    My Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen C View Post
    Would I not need to get the DS software if I got this SCAL software? Dan said he needed to use the DS to update the machine to use the latest version of SCAL
    I did say that Eileen, but you don't have to buy DS, I used the free demo version to to it!
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    OK this might give you an idea - a bit basic, but it took much longer to scan than to cut
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ....if you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got