Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sure Cuts Alot

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    That is really cute, Von.

I'm tempted, very tempted ....
    Eileen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Eileen, it was very, very easy to do, and Bernie, 'Marguerites' wouldn't fit on my LO, so I decided to use a bit of artistic (botanical?) licence and used 'daisies' instead
    ....if you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got

Slave to 45 Rescue Ferrets and love each and every one of them. OnTheScrapHeap's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    ooooooh Im tempted too .... I almost bought a silhouette from QVC earlier in the week ... but didnt just dare at the last minute !

so.. where do we get this sure cuts thing from please?

Slave to 45 Rescue Ferrets and love each and every one of them. OnTheScrapHeap's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    One Question...

Ive just read Dan's post again...

What happens, if .. like me .. people dont have the CDS ?? Where then, would we get the 'simple instructions' that Dan followed in order to get it to work ??

View Gallery

I'd post a link, but the company is not a UKS sponsor. Google Sure Cuts Alot, and you'll find it really easily. You can download a free demo to try it out, but it won't cut properly until you buy it, register, and get an activation code. The whole of that process took me about five minutes at the most!

You can download a free demo of Cricut DS, and use it to update the firmware on the Cricut.

The simple instructions are with the Cricut DS download
    Last edited by Von; 05-04-2008 at 11:00 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Thanks Von - that's fabby!

think I'm just gonna wait until the machine actually gets here then get it...may have a fwe more pennies by then too, LOL

Bernie X
    Happy to CT for
    Aimee Harrison Design Studios, A-Liya, Creative Victorian Designs, Feli Designs, JoeG Designs, Maguette Scrap Design, SherieJD, Snickerdoodle Design by Karen & ViVa Artistry

I'd do more scrapping if I wasn't here! Jencrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I have a plan to upgrade my laptop and then this one can live in my craft room next to my cricut, at the moment I have to disconnect this one and take it through which is a bit of a bind. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get SCAL now though!
    Slinky Pink Scrappers
    CJ

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I've just gone ahead and bought it! It didn't take much to persuade me after seeing the price

I've already cut out a couple of designs and I'm very impressed.

I'd do more scrapping if I wasn't here! Jencrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by eblondie26 View Post
    I've just gone ahead and bought it! It didn't take much to persuade me after seeing the price

I've already cut out a couple of designs and I'm very impressed.
    ooo let's see what you've done!
    Slinky Pink Scrappers
    CJ

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth 123 View Post
    If you're thinking of getting it fine BUT Cricut has put a notice on their own website invalidating your warranty if you do use it. If you google the name of the software, there's a forum on there and I appreciate that Charlie Bucket and probably others too, have had no problems with it BUT there are a lot of peeps on that forum that have.
    If you bought your cricut in USA then the cost to yourself of sending it back should you need anything done under warranty might not be worth it but I bought mine in the UK so I'm covered by a UK warranty with a UK distributor,so I'm not risking it.
    I had a look at the forum after I'd bought the software, it's worth checking it out particularly if you are getting a new Cricut. It appears that upgrading the DS software could cause some difficulties which those of us using the original DS software haven't experienced. It also appears that there are ways around the difficulties, if you are reasonably computer savvy.

I think one of the main reasons for upgrading the Cricut software is to add the newest cartridges. This isn't a problem for me, as all the cartridges I own are already present, however if you are thinking of getting SCAL for use on a new Cricut, or your cartridges are any of the latest released you might want to check out the the SCAL forum first.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    One word of warning to all - In order to cut using SCAL you need to have a cartridge in at all times, no particular one just anyone so that you can load the paper.

I bought a baby bug second hand yesterday not realising this and now I can't use it until I get a cartridge. At the moment it's a pretty and expensive paperweight!

Kevin x

Swaps: Alphabets, Decorated Chipboard
    My Blog: The Krafty Korner

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    hi could some one pm me with the details,i have the the first cricut that came out can you use the software on that one.thanks
    HUGSattachment.php?attachmentid=781258d=1189131662

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    You can use SCAL on any version of the Cricut. You don't need to buy the Design Studio software, just install the demo version. BUT you do need to use the old demo version, as the newer one doesn't work. Todd, who designed SCAL, will tell you where to download it.

Eileen: I had a Robo too, and didn't like it much either. Found it unreliable and irritating. Bought an Expression, thinking I'd just use the carts, and was delighted when SCAL came along. The whole system is so much easier to use, and cuts right first time, every time. Go for it....you know you want to.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I am definately going to buy it, just have to wait till I get some more pennies first. I am a bit of a font fan so it will be fantastic to be able to cut out the ones on my computer!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Thanks for the thread - the information has been very useful - I'm hoping to get an expression by the end of the year and was thinking of picking up a few carts as I go in readiness - I won't bother now!