Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sure Cuts Alot

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I had a look at the forum after I'd bought the software, it's worth checking it out particularly if you are getting a new Cricut. It appears that upgrading the DS software could cause some difficulties which those of us using the original DS software haven't experienced. It also appears that there are ways around the difficulties, if you are reasonably computer savvy.

I think one of the main reasons for upgrading the Cricut software is to add the newest cartridges. This isn't a problem for me, as all the cartridges I own are already present, however if you are thinking of getting SCAL for use on a new Cricut, or your cartridges are any of the latest released you might want to check out the the SCAL forum first.
    Off at a slight tangent, are you saying that some of the new cricut cardtridges are not compatible with earlier versions of the cricut? I bought mine about this time last year, will I have to upgrade its software to use the new releases?
    Sam

Scrap and Stickle team member

Choice Words and Tasteful Doings

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    no. my understanding of this is that the new cricut cartridges don't appear on the old design studio. but the new design studio doesn't do the right upgrade to the cricut to enable the sure cuts alot software to work properly.

there is no issue of compatibility of cricut cartridges with cricut machines

View Gallery

Cheers Azi
    Sam

Scrap and Stickle team member

Choice Words and Tasteful Doings

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    So, if I had the original version of the DS & have recently updated it to the new version with new carts etc..does that mean SCAL wont work on my machine?

Hugs n stuff Kirsti xx Stash Diet: failing miserably!!

Slave to 45 Rescue Ferrets and love each and every one of them. OnTheScrapHeap's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    oooooooooh Im confooooooooooosed

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsti View Post
    So, if I had the original version of the DS & have recently updated it to the new version with new carts etc..does that mean SCAL wont work on my machine?

I upgraded my CDS as I had bought the winnie the pooh cartridge and the Indie art cartridge. I then thought about getting SCAL, but someone told me it wouldn't work with the newest CDS version, so I emailed SCAL and he told me that if I had problems this is what I am supposed to do (unfortunately I have just deleted all my e-mails so dont actually know what to do) but fortunately it works fine anyway, so do not worry, if you have updated your CDS (which I did) and you buy SCAL (which I also did), then mine works absolutely fine and I have found no problems whatsoever with it in the week since I have had it.

*edited to say that I have just saved the e-mail so if anyone does have problems PM me for what to do.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    yeh, ive download the SCAL trial and updated my cds and they both work fine - however the SCAL trial cuts take forever to get off your mat as it disects every little bit of paper so you cant you the bit its cut out.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    this may be an odd question but i have a QK silhouette with the QK softwarewill SCAL do anything more that i can in my QK software with TTF's?

I was planning on keeping my cricut on DS and using my qk for TTF's but wondered if it was worth geting this one too

hope that makes sense

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    sorry to be thick,but have downloaded free trial on SCAL,did someone say you can also cut shapes? images?
    HUGSattachment.php?attachmentid=781258d=1189131662

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by alison1544 View Post
    sorry to be thick,but have downloaded free trial on SCAL,did someone say you can also cut shapes? images?
    Yes, you can cut shapes and images with SCAL. If you go to the support section of their web site, and click on Forums, there are loads of people sharing some great patterns and shapes to cut
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    Thanks Dan
    HUGSattachment.php?attachmentid=781258d=1189131662

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    There sems to be several threads about this....I don't have the CDS, niether the old or new version, I take it that it doesn't matter, SCAL will still run OK, Is this right?

View Gallery

not you do need to have some form of CDS can get a free trail version from hallmark site.and you need to have a at least one cartridge of anykind for scal to work. Yes you can cut any true type font,and any dingbat, and if you are familar with inkscape you can make your own designs to and save a svg and import into scal at cut them. As far as i know scal only works with the cricut or expression and not the silhoutte.
    hope this helps
    susannah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    As I said I don't have any kind of CDS but loaded SCAL and it cuts fine... slower than with the carts though, but a nice clean cut

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    People have been asking for examples, so I've posted my first couple of tries on my blog. The link is in my signature below.

There is a Christmas design that I downloaded and cut, and some dividers for a BIA address book I'm thinking of making, which I designed myself in Inkscape. So far I've only made A - F, but I wanted to stop and cut a couple before going any further, cos I wanted to see if I'd designed them so they'd cut the way they were supposed to!
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog