Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

1st LO, need opinion pls.

Here's my first attempt at this. Could you give me your honest opinion? I think that it is missing something but not sure what. I know I need some saying/title/quote. Could you suggest something? DD is sitting on a golden balloon. Dh says that it reminds him of the golden egg.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mimi88; 23-05-2008 at 05:08 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Oooh errrr, it s bit teeny weenie....
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

pink and glittery is my thing... x~Jilly~x's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    the picture is very small, like only 1inch in size so its very hard to see. if u try repost it at a bigger size im sure some lovely UKSers will give u some feedback
    Im a La{ab}outs Laydee
    Ribbon and Rainbows Blog

View Gallery

HOpe that's better. So new at this.

a Stewarton Scrap Dolly :) hevbell's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    yep, the pic is fine now. I think it looks really good,especially for your first layout. All you are missing is some kind of title and maybe some journalling on the pink section. Could always write something similar to what you said above, explaining the occasion and call it golden egg or someting like that? It doesn't have to be any kind of fancy quote or song title or whatever. Just whatever you want and feel goes with the photos/layout
    *Heather* ~~ My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    Yes i agree - its very pretty so well done. Just add some text and a title. Say how you feel - that''s what scrapbooking is all about.

Vron xx

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    What a brill photo! I agree, it needs a title and some journalling on the pink cardstock and I love the colours and flowers with the wiggly bits.

If you struggle with journalling always remember the W's. Who, what, where, when, why. If you cover all or some of those W's you will be doing great.
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I love this it is very very pretty. Well done for your first LO I agree with everyone, needs a title and some journalling to put it 'in context'. How about 'The Gosse which laid the Golden Egg' for the title...made me chuckle when you said DH thinks the balloon looks like an egg
    Mary

Would like some time to scrap now please! rebekah22's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Ah, bless! Lovely colours! The pink area is great for journalling. Everyone's advice is very good- start with the basics when it comes to journalling unless you're already comfortable writing more about feelings etc. Maybe 'Balancing act', 'Gold digger in training'?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi,
    Apart from the comments already posted about adding a title and journalling you could also ink the edges of the flowered photo mat, and title/jounal block to add a little definition. You could also add some "bling" ie glittery brads - to the centre of some of the flowers - and also possibly add some knotted ribbon to the centre of some flowers - again to add a little depth. Great first LO - much, much better than mine!

View Gallery

Thank you everyone. I love the bling idea! I will work on it some more and give you all an update.