Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Thank you and Goodbye

After several long and sleepless nights and being worn down by my son telling me how crap I am at cardmaking and people complaining about how much the cards cost.

I have decided that that best thing I can do is to just give up gracefully and and say thank you to everyone for submitting their templeace and all the help and support from everyone in every aspect of every aspect of the site.

Thanks for everythying and sorry for letting you down.

Regards
    Pat xxx

View Gallery

Oh my goodness Pat! Firstly no one, whether son or not, should ever ever tell anyone that their work is crap! Does your son make cards? If not then even more so he is in the wrong to say this! Totally out of order!

I have just taken a look at your gallery and though I have not left any comments (well it is 04:00 in the morning - I went to bed early!) they are lovely! I'll leave some this evening. So no you are not crap at making cards!

If people are complaining about the cost of a finished card weeelll they don't have to buy them. And hey if they are prepared to buy a card but are stopped because they are not prepared to pay weeell your cards cannot be crap can they!

It really does make me mad that this happens with any type of hand crafted item for many people really do not have a clue as to the amount of work and cost that goes into crafting. Goodness they are not buying a bulk item!

Letting us down? No regretfully it is others that are letting you down. So take a deep breath and try to ignore the silliness of others for if you love making cards you darn well carry on doing so!

(((((hugs)))))

Linda xx
    A member of Just Cutters - Against Copyright Infringement
    New to UKS? Need Help? Go Here

View Gallery

Here Here!!!I totally agree with everything Linda say's, your cards are not crap there really lovely dont give up especially if you like making them, people are just ignorant to the fact of how much work is put into making these lovely cards. hope you change your mind... x jo x

View Gallery

Well Pat, I've just had a quick look at your gallery and your cards are not just good my lady, they're bloody fantastic! Your son should be ashamed of himself putting you down like that, unfortunately it's a proven fact that if you tell someone often enough that they're crap they actually start to believe it so don't let him get away with that and start thinking positive. If people are moaning about the cost of your cards stop selling them for a while and make them to donate to the local hospice or church and when then someone requests that you make them a card tell them that you've stopped doing personal orders because you were sick and tired about them moaning about the cost of hand made creations and that you'd rather give them away for good causes to people who appreciate the time, work and effort that goes into it. Word will get round and it'll give people food for thought and then if you feel ready in the future you can start taking personal orders again making sure that you tell people that you stopped doing it for some time and the reasons why. Most people will fully understand and sympathise with you and will not then start haggling about the price!
    Don't be down Pat, you're good at what you do and don't let anyone try and tell you any different, chin up Chick and go get 'em girl
    LOL
    Hels
    We shouldn't wish our lives away but when is my retirement day?
    Coreldraw 12

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Goodness Pat, I know how you feel. I live in a household of males only, while no real praise is given usually a polite thats nice is the best I can ever hope for even when I know they havent looked. However if one of my sons ever said anything like that to me that would be the last thing they would be saying for quite some time and believe me they know it! I, like the other ladies here have looked in your gallery and see nothing wrong with the lovely cards you have made so dont give up prove the little devil wrong or better still show us your cards and not him!
    Rosemary

View Gallery

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry to hear how upset you've been feeling. I totally agree with all the above comments, and would be very sad to see you give up your cardmaking.

Sending you and a big *virtual hug*.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Pat,

Don`t be downhearted my son always thought my cards were rubbish and mocked me saying I was a `saddo` for making them... Guess who is always asking me for cards for his friends and if there isn`t one he likes he asks me to make one!!! and dare I say it I bought some from a shop for him but he always wants a handmade card!!!!!
    Like the others I have looked in your gallery he should be ashamed of himself for saying such a thing.

Keep up the good work and be proud of what you do....

Best wishes,
    helenvh

craft robo.RM

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've not spoken to you before Pat, but this has enraged me. Your son is well out of order. I've just looked in your gallery and your cards are fantastic. Please don't allow him or anyone else put you down like this. If you have a little self-belief then others will believe in you too. I can tell by the amount of time you must have put into your creations that you love making cards, please don't stop, you DO have a talent and if people don't appreciate that, then I'm sorry but that's their problem, not yours. (((hugs))) xx

interpol agent ready for action!!! nicandalfie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    you cards are most certainly not crap, dont give up, i have not chatted with you before but seen your thread on the roll at the homepage and i was disgusted, if you enjoy making them and you must because your cards are fab then keep doing it and dont listen to your son what he said is mean, stick with it because if i seen one of your cards in the shops i would most certainly buy one x
    nic xx
    Donuts earned = 7
    Jan points -slo=60 dlo=00 cj lo=25 Jan challenges wk1=30
    The Lay(ab)outs team cj matchbox swap = sent
    CC swaps swag bag = sent , planner = sent book swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmuma View Post
    worn down by my son telling me how crap I am at cardmaking
    He wouldn't be stepping foot in my house if that was my son !

Quote Originally Posted by Fuschia View Post
    I've not spoken to you before Pat, but this has enraged me. Your son is well out of order. I've just looked in your gallery and your cards are fantastic. Please don't allow him or anyone else put you down like this. If you have a little self-belief then others will believe in you too. I can tell by the amount of time you must have put into your creations that you love making cards, please don't stop, you DO have a talent and if people don't appreciate that, then I'm sorry but that's their problem, not yours.
    You DO have a talent .... and more importantly besides that ... if YOU enjoy making them, then that is all that matters. YOU. not your disrespectful, uncaring son.

As it so happens, your cards are beautiful.

Boot your son out, and start truly enjoying your creating ! ((( Pat )))

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Same here Pat - please do not give up cardmaking. Your cards are beautiful and your son is totally out of order.
    Sue

View Gallery

wink Same mod, Diff name.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmuma View Post
    After several long and sleepless nights and being worn down by my son telling me how crap I am at cardmaking and people complaining about how much the cards cost.

I have decided that that best thing I can do is to just give up gracefully and and say thank you to everyone for submitting their templeace and all the help and support from everyone in every aspect of every aspect of the site.

Thanks for everythying and sorry for letting you down.

Regards
    Pat xxx
    I don't know your son so I won't make any comment!!!

Think about why you started making cards, did you not get great pleasure from your increasing skill and creativity; you should see my very first card had no control over the embossing powder ahhhhhhhhh. I've had the same comments over my card cost, put it all down to 1 word 'JEALOUSY'.

If I was to give up cardmaking which I started in Dec 2004, I may as well book myself into one of those lovely padded cells!! cause that is all I would be fit for.

Don't give up, have a little breather. I had a look at your gallery and your cards are brilliant.

View Gallery

Please don't stop Pat sometimes our family's are the worst criticks but we need to craft to take our minds off them and other problems. If you love what you are doing keep doing it, everyone who has a skill has problems with amount to charge, people don't realise the hours that are put in. They wouldn't work for hours for nothing like we do, (sorry about the rant )but please don't stop Pat xx JAn
    Ps Can someone please tell me how to look at the gallery?
    Last edited by janico; 24-05-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: add ps

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    i agree with GentleFlower, i had a look at your gallery and think your cards are fantastic too. if you love card makeing then do it dont let other people get you down stay positive. ive had people say they are not keen on some of the things i have made and i believe everyone has the right to their own opinion and if my work does get critisized then i ask them what can i do to improve it.

i hope you dont give up on what you love doing as it will be a real shame,

from boland

please check out my blog http://vixensscrapping.blogspot.com/ updated 06/06/13 http://vixensweddingplanning.blogspot.com/ 26/08/09

Kirigami~Origami~Jenigami JennieBean's Avatar
    View Gallery

Pat, didnt want to reply without checking out your gallery first, and I have left comments on every picture. You have a real eye for colour and use it amazingly, that in itself is a real talent. Your cards are all beautifull.......what would a bloke know !!!! Kick him out and use his bedroom as a craft room

Please please dont give up crafting. Its good for you. It releases happy hormones, keeps your brain active, and is good for your hands to keep them moving.....thats all my excuses anyway. Infact I think your doctor should prescibe at least 2hrs crafting a day, and we should get free stashes on the NHS. Hey, I'm with BUPA through my work....wonder if i could ask for a craft robo pro

Force your son to come on here and face us, we will sort him out.
    JennieBean