Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

rolling

An EXCELLENT decision
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    So pleased that you have come to the right decision Pat. 18 is a difficult age for boys - it will get better!!
    Keep crafting,
    Sue

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have just looked at your gallery - your cards are lovely. So glad you are carrying on.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    PAT
    I'm truly Glad you have decided to carry on......... And yes the support here is tremendous And could never in a million year's be substituted. As for you Son I'm sure one day he will be well enough to appreiciate what you have done and are doing for him.
    You are a lovely person Pat And I am very Priviledged to have a friend like you....
    Tina craft robo

Kirigami~Origami~Jenigami JennieBean's Avatar
    View Gallery

Pat I am so pleased. If ever you have a down time again, speak to your friends on UKS
    JennieBean

View Gallery

Your cards are lovely - glad to hear you're carrying on!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    I am very sorry to read that your son is ill. Anorexia is such a debilitating illness, and it must drag you all down, including your son.

Crafting is such a great way of taking away the pain that you are obviously feeling and I am delighted that you are staying put !

((( Pat ))) xxxxxxxxxxx

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Have just read your post Pat and am so pleased that you have decided to continue as your cards are lovely.

Shirley x

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I'm so glad you have decided to keep playing Pat. Sorry about your son and his illness, I would imagine that being able to concentrate on cardmaking has helped keep your sane whilst he ill (it doesn't mean he should be able to get away with being cruel to you, but it is understandable that if he isn't happy himself, he will tend to have a downer on those closest to him who will take it). {{hugs}}
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Good for you Pat.

Sometimes when people are insecure, they have to lash out at others in order to feel better about themselves. It sounds like this may be the case with your son. Hopefully once he sorts his probelms out, he will come to respect you once again, and admire your beautiful cards.

Keep your chin up and find time to indulge in your crafting.

ErikaP

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kingmuma View Post
    Oh Ladies and Gents,

I'm overwhelmed by the level of support, care and understanding from everyone who's posted a message, pm'd and thank you seems woefully inadequate but I would love to say to a very big

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    to everyone!

And I've come to a conclusion that you're all absulutely right that if people don't like it then thats there problem and not mine.

I got into Cardmaking when my son was admitted to hospital for anorexia and ever since then I've found it such a theraputic way to relax and unwind from dealing with that. He's changed so much since then and unfortunately not for the better.... He's nearly 18 and I despair and wonder if I'll ever get my lovely boy back, hopefully when he's worked out his own demons he'll be ok.

However I've decided that I'm not going to give up - I really enjoy doing it and won't sell them any more I'm doing it for my pleasure to give to the people I do care about and do appreciate them.

Thank you everybody for everything...

KEEP ON CRAFTING - COS CRAFTERS DO IT BEST!!

Lots of Hugs to everyone thank you again

Pat x x x
    No wonder you're vulnerable having to cope with your son's mental illness, which is probably on-going even if his anorexia has been dealt with. It's very hard. So pleased you've had a wee rethink and hope you can find someone to support YOU while you are dealing with all the difficulties in your life.

xxxxxxxxx
    CR200 W-XP

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Pat I am so glad you have decided to keep on making your lovely cards...I am sorry you son is ill,but it has to be admitted his opinion is in the minority..the majority being some very talented crafters !...I only make for personal use and have always remembered some one telling me "the person who never made a mistake,never made anything"..LOL..I find this adage very comforting when I feel a bit thick because I can't do something (very often actually )
    Christina

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    {{{hugs}}} i hope that your son recovers soon and you will get your boy back. maybe he is jealous of the time you spend cardmaking, have you offered to share it with him? my 17yo newphew loves cardmaking for all the girls in his class, he is a popular boy

failing that keep your cards out of your sons way and keep on as you enjoy it so much and make lovely cards. remember this is not him really talking.
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

View Gallery

after reading all these posts and seeing that at the end you have decided to carry on making your cards i was so pleased to hear that, have looked in you gallery and i agree your cards are beautiful , sounds like your son has had a few demons to deal with and everyone knows that those people closes to you always seem to get the tongue lashing, so keep up your lovely card making and i hope you get the lovely son you once had back.

kate xx

Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States (suburb of Atlanta, GA)
    View Gallery

DON'T DO IT PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st: Shame, shame - and I do mean that in the most respectful way possible (I wouldn't be happy with someone saying something negative about my daughter)BUT remember; your son's opinion is just that - HIS opinion! Don't let his negativity affect what you chose to do or not do!

2nd: DO YOU ENJOY MAKING THE CARDS? If so, to H*** with what anyone else says! Even if you never sell a single card, the enjoyment and relaxation you receive from creating them (and sending them yourself) is the best "payment" anyone can receive. I've just begun to sell my cards by making them and giving them for occassions and as gifts (I teach; at school one of the secretaries keeps us sane with a drawer full of chocolate - so I gave her a pack of 5 freebees and she loved 'em; another teacher is "retiring" to stay home with her son - she knows I'm moving up from 6th to teach 7th grade next year, so she gave me all her 7th grade supplimental notebooks & I gave her a freebee pack, too as a very small thank you for her thoughtfulness - & I've already had people asking for them) and I'd be happy just to see someone else enjoy what I've done.......

3rd: Others don't realize (US spelling - I'd hate to think y'all knew I was a teacher and thought I couldn't spell ) or appreciate how much work goes into them, so they don't want to pay..... so what???!!! Someone else will appreciate and be willing to pay for them.

If cardmaking is something you enjoy - DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE NEGATIVES! DO WHAT YOU LIKE!!!!!

sending you a virtual hug, too
    Linda