Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Fav things... is the fact that my mini books have a home crafted look about them as opposed to 'home-made' - if you know what I mean?

Worst thing? They don't make o'wires larger than 1 1/4" and when you get your brand new BIA out of its box... they haven't put one teeny bit of o'wire in with it for you to have a play with (so remember to order o'wires when you order the BIA)!!
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    my fave thing is the fact i can do something with all the photo's i had when there were too many for a lo and not enough for an album, i love the look of the books when they are done too

the worst thing, the amount of money i'm spending on wires only joking, i love it lots and the worst thing was the dreadful dvd that came with the bia

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    What would you say is your fav thing about the BIA?
    Prob the versatility I now have. Instead of all my albums being book ringed and then ribbon added I can now make albums with gaps in the rings, over sized, colour matched. Oh and you dont have to just use chipboard covers I can now use acrylic/metal/plastic etc etc. Plus you can make more than mini books with a bia

What would you say is the worst thing about the BIA?
    I agree with ann, the wire size, if only they were bigger.

What have we here Watson? misteejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Having dithered for almost a year before buying my BIA I have to admit that it is probably my most used piece of kit

Favourite things about my BIA: I love the finish it gives to my mini books and have had so much fun 'playing' with it creating...boxes, albums, notebooks, film-strip type mounts and sooooooooooo much more.

Worst things about my BIA: Size of the wires we really do need something bigger than 1.25" probably could do with sizes up to about 2" (at least). Would also like a bigger range of colours in the wires as well.

http://misteejay.blogspot.com/
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

View Gallery

I have just received the pink BIA for crimbo but am really stuck as to how you cover the chipboard covers

can anyone help please

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Are they plain chipboard covers? You can do anything you like with them really, cover them paper or material or felt, or just ink them or paint them. You can pretty much choose whatever you feel like. Just remember that you need to cover them or paint them before you punch the holes in them, then after the holes are punched you can add embellies and ribbons etc.

Does that help?
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (77)
    I see the BIA wires only come as big as 1 1/4" do you think this would would big enough for a CJ, I really haven't put my BIA to good use yet. Is there any easy way of knowing what size wires are best to use on projects or is it just a matter of trial and error?
    Yolanda

Mummy to Two Beautiful, Special Boys, Jack and Sam xx butterbee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Does anyone know where is the best place is to get one for a good price?? I have some xmas money burning a hole in my pocket!!!

What do you recommened I get with it - wire wise and do you recommened getting the storage bag/Tool kit????

TIA

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by butterbee View Post
    Does anyone know where is the best place is to get one for a good price?? I have some xmas money burning a hole in my pocket!!!

What do you recommened I get with it - wire wise and do you recommened getting the storage bag/Tool kit????

TIA
    i know qvc do quite a good deal as you get the macnine, a few wires, some covers and the wire cutters for about £45

View Gallery

Thanks Debbie - I did see it on QVC the other day and thought it was a good price - have you got the storage bag??

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

no, i found it fits im my normal crop bag without any problems and anyway the blue bag wouldn't match my lilac totes

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie R 61 View Post
    no, i found it fits im my normal crop bag without any problems and anyway the blue bag wouldn't match my lilac totes
    - a true scrapper!!!!!! - Needs to be matching

interpol agent ready for action!!! nicandalfie's Avatar
    View Gallery

one of the sponsors had the bag on sale @£16.99 the lowest ive seen it!!! (silly monkey crafts) they also have some other BIA stuff on!! i love mine and have just bought the bag for it, i but the covers when the sales are on, always good to have in!! i agree the wire sizes could be bigger!!! and i nearly wet myself laughing at the dvd that came with it!!!
    nic xx
    Donuts earned = 7
    Jan points -slo=60 dlo=00 cj lo=25 Jan challenges wk1=30
    The Lay(ab)outs team cj matchbox swap = sent
    CC swaps swag bag = sent , planner = sent book swap

there is no life before coffee cats whisker's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Have seen it for £39-99
    -

there is no life before coffee cats whisker's Avatar
    View Gallery