Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

' Dream', 'Inspire' etc

Does anyone else have a problem with these messages? They are often included in sticker sheets, K and Co embellishment packs etc, printed on to brads, tags and labels. But under what circumstances would you send a card with 'inspire' or 'dream' on it? Is it just a US thing, do you think, or do any of you find a use and a situation where these words are appropriate? I'd love to know.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Used more in the scrabooking side of things (certainly where I use mine), or possibly for some of those just because cards...

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

I think the dream/inspire kind of wording could be incorporated (at a stretch) on cards to people off to uni or who are starting on a new career path such as teaching or something creative or heading for a new path in life.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I've used 'Dream' on a photo 'Thank You' card which was sent out to everyone who send gifts for a new baby. The photo was of a little girl asleep. Dream was the only sentiment on the card. The thank you note was inside. They were very pretty.

I tend to use this kind of sentiment more for quite personal cards. I would put 'Inspire' on a card for a friend who's having a bit of a bad time and is a little down on herself. A card with the reasons I find her inspirational might help cheer her up and be a little more positive.

I think 'Inspire' is also a good one to use to say thank you to someone who does genuinely inspire you. Or just to tell them that they inspire you. Or maybe a child giving a card to a favourite teacher.

I quite like sentiments like these. I think they're a little different.
    Liz xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi I agree with mystic Nat about the words inspire and dream although you could use them on a very girlie teen card as thats all they seem to do is dream and inspire each other as to what they will wear lol

Joolse
    Joolsedesigns

View Gallery

Some great ideas there, thank you.