Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Dedicated to Cards and Robo vicki2062's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

What to do you, when you reformat computer

Hi All,

I am having to reformat my computer as picked us some bug and will not recognise port for printers which means of course no Robo.
    Will I be able to reinstall software for Robo and RoboMaster without any problems or do I have to re-register as others do when they purchase second hand ones? Just trying to get all knowledge and information ready before formating to make life easier.
    I thankyou in advance for your help
    Cheers Aussie Vic

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi Vicki. As far as I'm aware you should be able to just reinstall the software for Robo without any problems, its DM that causes the problems as you need to re-register with a new licence number. HTH.

View Gallery

Thankyou for that, that will make my life easier. I am having withdrawal symtoms not using Robo, we moved house so was packed away, and then when setting up discovered problem with computer, so have not used poor Robo for 4 weeks, and I am missing him dreadfully. Thank god for this site, as at least I get to read the chat section and look at all lovely designs in template section and challenges, keep up all the lovely work ladies. I hope to contribute when computer is well again.
    Thanks Aussie Vic

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Your welcome Vicki. Hope your PC makes a full recovery soon.

You could always download Inkscape, its a free program from the net that a lot of us use for designing, there's lots of tutorials for it in the tutorials section, then when your Robo is up and running again you'll should have lots of designs for him to get working on.

Also if you click on the little camera under peoples names you can see work they have produced.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by vicki2062 View Post
    Hi All,

I am having to reformat my computer as picked us some bug and will not recognise port for printers which means of course no Robo.
    Will I be able to reinstall software for Robo and RoboMaster without any problems or do I have to re-register as others do when they purchase second hand ones? Just trying to get all knowledge and information ready before formating to make life easier.
    I thankyou in advance for your help
    Cheers Aussie Vic
    Reformatting your hardrive, which is what you are saying is quite drastic you would wipe/loose everything if it isn't backed up and unless you know what you are doing you wouldn't be able to reinstall anything because reformatting would remove windows as well.

Why don't you do a Google search for your problem, it could just be the port is down or faulty and probably has nothing to do with bugs. If you think you have a bug you can go to ESET and do an online scan.

I really hope you haven't done a reformat or you won't be reading this any time soon.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Thanks

Thanks Lucille and Fuschia for your help,

Fuschia have Inkscape installed at moment, but due to bugs in computer it is not running properly. Having problems with Pdfs, word etc programs as well.

Lucille this is why I will have to reformat computer, but do not worry Hubby knows what he is doing having done this a few times after kids have uploaded bugs before.

Have been putting off doing but just mightnhave to bite the bullet over next few days, have saved all my lovely uploaded Gsd files from this site to Back up hard drive and also to USB

Thanks again for your help
    Vicki

View Gallery

Sorry

Sorry did not realize there was a separate area for computer bits in chat, will have to explore some more.
    Aussie Vicki

View Gallery

Phew that's a relief to know DH is on the ball with computers, good luck reformatting and reinstalling software is an awful job.

Have you considered cloning your hardrive? Brian put us on to an inexpensive program called Acronis, that clones the hardrive, preferably before the kids start infecting it again so that if you have to wipe everything you don't have to reinstall everything and can be up and running after a reformat in a couple of hours. After I had to reformat last year I bought it and feel a lot happier about not having to go through all that again.

View Gallery

Thanks Lucille
    Will look into it
    Cheers Vicki

View Gallery

Oh wow take a look at this

I'm not too sure how it would be for designing

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    wow right enough Lucille, isn't technology wonderful
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

YES I HAVE DONE IT !!!! done what you may ask appox two weeks ago having had problems with lap top i reformated drive back to orginal factory settings reloaded all my old software with hardly no problems at all

I must explain i live in france and purchased my lap top in france so operating system is in french which can sometimes lead to problems loading some of my software but luckily everything or nearly everything loaded ok with all software being able to load i n english language.

But the one program i didn't expect to give me problems was robomaster and boy did i have problems kept installing in french all though before was in english i tried everything also had driver problems or so i thought which i managed to sort out with the help of Brian from graphtec but no luck on the english bit although i understand french found it annoying not to be able to load program in english after trying all sorts in the language settings on control panel i was beginning to give up and except the fact nothing could be done. But after an evening of surfing the net i found an answer to my problems and have now a french computer with english os and all the display everthing on computer is in english YES!!! Miracals do happen had to reinstall robo master yet again this time in the good old language ENGLISH

The last two weeks have been a real learning curve i just hope that this failing brain of mine will be able to retain the information so if the problem arises again i can sort it!!
    Sugerplum

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Glad you're sorted now. Might be an idea to jot down and print what you did for future reference

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes your right doreen If only i could remember where i put the pen and paper
    Sugerplum

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I know exactly what you mean