Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)

Patterned paper prices

Hi all, just thought I would get your opinions on patterned paper prices. With the 'credit crunch' and the economy being the way it is are you buying less patterned paper? Is there a maximum you will spend per sheet?

My patterned papers are dwindling. Mainly because I dont buy that much and use up at least 85% before I buy more. Anyway I am now moving onto my scraps box because I have very little full sheets of pp left. I thought I would do some browsing just out of interest to see what is out there and I am really shocked. Many of the pp I have seen are 75p+ for one sheet and some of those arnt even double sided If you want to buy the full set of some of the bigger collections (24 sheets+) you are looking at £18

Last time I brought single pp it was 50p a sheet the max was 80p but thats for a die cut shape I know its all to do with overheads/postage costs/etc etc for the sponsors but its taken me back really and I am glad now I seem to be using text pages/scraps more. Those collections that I desperately wanted but not needed I am going to wait untill they go into a sale. Those collections that I actually have a project in mind for I will be buying but I am going to ekk out the pieces as far as I can.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I'd be loathe to buy single sided at 75pps now, having been spoiled by double sided papers. I tend now to buy collection packs and eek them out with bazzil; a patterned pack costing about £6 can yeald a fair number of layouts and/or cards and if they're double sided, you've usually got about 12 different patterns to go at and your lo's don't have to look samey.

I know having the latest papers is important to lots of people, and it is nice to have, but I really don't care how old the papers is, just as long as it complements what I'm scrapping. It's far more important to me to record the event, irrespective of how 'on trend' my papers are.
    Tracy

the world is so full of a number of things... Jennywren47's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I nearly always buy in the sales anyway.
    Jennywren

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    All the patterned paper I own has been bought at sale. I'm not bothered by brand or anything, I use what I like if it complements the photo. I do, however, own 1000's and 1000's of digital patterned papers and print out bits all the time to use on LO's and cards.
    Nic

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    If I like it then I buy it. It seems to be the norm for one sheet of PP to cost 75p.

I have just stopped a kit that I get from America due to the exchange rate but got loads of gorgeous PP ( single and double sided ) so have enough to keep me going for the moment

I have tried to curb my spending on stash recently and dont tend to buy packs of papers but always need 2 sheets of the same which adds up if you like quite a few different papers

good though that you are getting through your scraps

I am a Scrappy Cat. We are creative people; domestic tidiness is beneath us zahra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I've just bought some double sided at 75 p each, these are for a birthday present for my friend, but some fell into the cart for me, too! When they've got a die cut edge, I think it's even better value.

However, I've tried to stop buying, I've got loads of lovely papers and I suspect they should keep me going for ages, apart from buying the odd great bargain (I got 12 sheets of BG with a set of letter stickers and shape stickers for £5 recently) or sale papers.
    Zahra

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I buy a lot of my papers in sales, I certainly don't care if they're not the newest ones! I just buy the ones I like! How can patterned paper go out of fashion!

Every artist was first an amateur. ani's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    not what I do but i think the best value is to buy stacks/packs & share. But most important is to be happy with what you buy/use.
    Ani

As happy as a pig in muck!! jo.bee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    Was looking at some papers today that I really liked - but didn't buy them as they were 95p each which I thought was a bit steep.

trapped in the real world, trying to escape mumtrish's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I bought some patterned 12x12 paper today a little craft shop in grantham. I got a bargain . They were 10 sheets for £1.70
    Trisha

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Thanks for all your replys all, I thought I couldnt have been alone. I have been quite lucky and most of what I have purchased has been on sale or brought as grab bags. I have found some great sales with the sponsors last night so I will be using them this month to add a little to my collection.

Nellyphant, I have seen cds everywhere, are they really as good as they seem? Do you use them often?

If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got. T_Ann's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    I seem to have accidently collected hundreds of PP over recnt years and a lot of the are untouched, I am definatly gonna be using what I have now tho and not buying anymore unless its a special theme that i need.

I also think you can create some fab background papers from cheap plain paper and stamps chalks paint etc
    T-Ann

My blog http://urbanblog-tianne.blogspot.com/
    Points SLO= 0 DLO= 0 AJ pages 8 = 50 points Do 100 LOs this year = 4/100 minibooks this year= 0/12

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I need to use up more of my PP too. Thankfully I sub to a kit and get loads of lovely pp each month. I'm also making an effort to use more out of my scrap box....amazing what gets tucked away in there!! 75p is too much for me at the moment as I wouldn't stop at just a couple.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    I don't buy papers that often, and when I do it's usually in sales too. I've found that I very rarely use a full sheet of 12x12 and put the off cuts into a scraps/cardmaking box. The trouble with that is I end up throwing load out every few months so it seems a waste to spend on large sheets.

I've recently discovered digital and have downloaded quite a few. It has the advantage that I can print out just the size I need.
    Sam
    xxx

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I was trying to "stash diet" but I have found some good bargains in sales recently (including some from shops closing down, which is always a shame). I picked up some papers I'd had my eye on for a while, at a fraction of their original price.

At the same time I am trying to use up my scraps but every LO seems to create even more scraps so I don't think I'll ever get to the end of them!

However trying to get max value out of 1 sheet is a good creative exercise, isn't it?
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House