Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Craft Robo CC-330

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone has bought the craft robo CC-330 yet and how they are finding it. I have the original model at present cc100-20 but it is about worn out!! I am wanting a machine that will cut card upto 200g so would really appreciate it if anyone would let me know if this machine will do this.
    Thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I have it and love it, It's the first time in 3 year's I have been able to print and cut, and I found it cuts deeper too.
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Did you have the original robo before (the one with the blue lid) just wondering if you have noticed a difference in the thickness of media that it will cut. Sorry to ask just want to make sure it will cut deeper before i buy one!!
    Thanks

View Gallery

I had the one with the blue lid when it was first released then I upgraded to the 200 version which I still use daily, I also have the 330 which I recieved last week and I have to say I am very pleased so far with what I have acheived so far.
    I have been told the settings are the same But I could always cut quite thick card on the 20 too,
    Tina craft robo

Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

rolling

One advert I saw for this machine said it cuts 50% deeper!! Would you say that is so Tina ?
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi, I am thinking about buying one too. How computer li8terate do you have to be?
    Thanks
    Kate

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by elwoodsusanm View Post
    One advert I saw for this machine said it cuts 50% deeper!! Would you say that is so Tina ?

Sue
    I really Don't know about that I have cut 350gsm card on mine BUT then I tried everything on my other one too to see exactly what it could do, talk about push them to the limits. (But don''t tell Graphtec )
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    I am thinking of getting one of these but after reading all the info I can find it seems the only bone of contention is the carrier sheet. I presume the CC200 ones wont fit? Will we still be able to make our own to use? Many thanks Sarah xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for everyone's advice, i ordered one yesterday and it is coming today..... I will let you know how i gat on!!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by curley View Post
    Thanks for everyone's advice, i ordered one yesterday and it is coming today..... I will let you know how i gat on!!

Well Done you..... you will have fun now
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by trololo2 View Post
    Hi, I am thinking about buying one too. How computer li8terate do you have to be?
    Thanks
    Kate

I would say that you have to know your way around a computer. Take a look at the tutorials section and maybe download Inkscape and see how you get on with those. If you can do them, then you should be fine.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by elwoodsusanm View Post
    Sue, I've seen a couple of sites that are quoting this and also that you can select from two levels of pressure by two different blade positions. As far as I can see this information is incorrect and applies only to the differences between the original CC100 and the CC200 and not to the CC300/Lite and the CC330. It looks to me that they've been lazy and copied the old information over for their new web pages without bothering to check that the information is still correct. The best sources for correct information are the specifications issued by Graphtec which are usually available on their websites (and with the machine documentation).

The specification for both the new machines is still for cutting depths between 0.1mm and 0.3mm maximum and a maximum weight of 157 gsm which is identical to the current CC200 machines; the new specifications don't quote maximum pressure but for the current CC200 it's 230gf (which was increased massively from 150gf - approx 50% - for the original CC100 model) but I'm sure that there is information somewhere that the pressure has been increased slightly. Maybe Brian can clarify this for us?

Rant over - but I have been impressed with what the Lite has cut for me - certainly much thicker than I could ever hope to cut with the original Robo, and getting close to what I expect from the Pro.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

I'ts exactly the same specifications Rosemary as I spoke to Brian on the phone about it only the other day, But I have been able to cut thicker card with it and I am thankful for that.
    But it's supposed to cut the same as our grey lidded one.
    I suppose it will be trial and error again to see what we can throw at it for it to cut.

We should have a list and just add to it for people to try
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

But one thing I don't understand is the software when I got my grey lidded one I never upgraded I just plugged in and went.

This new one won't cut from the 2.4 software at all
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Tina, I wonder if the controller may be different as well as the drivers?

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."