Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I managed to edit nodes using rm 5.1 i found if I highligt and click weld then ungroup when you select and click edit you can edit nodes.Even if its just one item select weld then ungroup.
    jayne

A Butterfly Lives For Just One Day, But Has Time Enough. CelticSkye's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi, I tried playing around with RM and editing the nodes, but my circles lost their shape and things went from bad to worse.

I then did a screen print and put it in PSP to try and clean it up, that helped a little.

I also opened it in Inkscape, and tried saving it as a DXF. I never get this to work and have still not succeeded. I seem to have a file saved, but its not a DXF even though I followed the tutorial and changed the file name from svg to dxf.

I then tried wintopo as I knew it was pretty straight forward to get an outline from an image and save as DXF. That worked but when I loaded the DXF file into RM it was really sketchy.

So as not to be defeated, I went back to DM the only program apart from PSP I really know. I started from scratch and cut it late last night. All looks ok there. So I now have to try and follow the tutorial to convert it to GSD.

My little brain is quite addled, but trying to figure out where I have gone wrong.

Just a thought, but if I did a screen dump of my design in Design Master, saved it as a JPEG, then loaded that into Inkscape, could I then save as a DXF? Load into RM and save as a GSD?

I think once I have managed to save a file in Inkscape properly I will get on with the program better.
    *~Skye~*

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by CelticSkye View Post

Just a thought, but if I did a screen dump of my design in Design Master, saved it as a JPEG, then loaded that into Inkscape, could I then save as a DXF? Load into RM and save as a GSD?

A JPEG is raster files (no cut lines) so Importing into Inkscape and saving as DXF won't work. To convert GRA to GSD you would be best using the instructions here in the DM section.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Ok, will try doing that Lucille.

Have you any idea, why I am having so many problems with saving a file as a DXF in Inkscape? I am really baffled.
    *~Skye~*

View Gallery

Skye I've emailed you as there is so much information in your earlier post I can't digest it all

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Sorry Hun,

Thanks
    *~Skye~*