Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Design Master cutting from Pre-printed decoupage sheets

Is there a tutorial for Design Master to cut out pre-printed decoupage sheets. I tried the Robomaster one but got very mixed up and my PC (poor old thing) nearly went into meltdown when it tried to transfer a coloured decoupage sheet from the scanner to the screen, in fact I still think it is feeling poorly from the exercise.

Thanks in advance,

Myra

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Myra, Your problem sounds as though it may be more to do with the (high) resolutuion of the image you're scanning and the memory in your PC than with a tutorial. It's possibly too lARGE for your machine or RM to handle, so try scANNINg again at lower resoltution.

Cutting decoupage is essentially:

Scan or import your image
    make sure registration marks are selected
    print image
    trace shapes
    send printed sheet to cut

Chrissie (Rugersmum) also has some good tutorials on her site including a tracing one.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

When it comes to scanning anything, remember that the higher the resolution, the bigger the file. If I am just going to print something out, I scan at the highest resolution my printer can manage (and that will depend on if I am using the inkjet or the laser).

View Gallery

Thank you for that ladies, yes it was rather a lot of design, I just grabbed it out of the drawer to try out the cutting of ready printed decoupage sheets. I will have to choose a much simpler one for my poor old PC, lol.