Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

bleh cutting baubles from cards

Hi

Started thinking about christmas cards and want to make some baubles for the front of different cards. They will be about three inches (sorry no metric with me) in diameter. Can't cut circles with scissors -any suggestions on how to cut the perfect circle?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Draw a circle with an aid of some sort then fold in half and in half again this will give you only a quarter to cut which will be easier
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

I've got a compass which has a blade at the end where the pencil should go, it works well and can cut any size circle. I got it from a craft fayre but I've seen it since in various stationers.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

bleh baubles

Thanks for your help, and will give them a go when using paper.

One other problem is that I want to cut the circles out of stiff card, and use the circle, so I don't really want holes in the middle ( though I could cover them with embellishments).

Any aids that people have used and think are worth a try - don't mind buying, but not mega expensive.

Thanks again

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Spurs suggestion of the compass type blade is probably the cheapest option, but there are also other gadgets which use circular plastic templates of various sizes to cut around with a clip on type blade attachment, so you don't get the central hole. AFAIK Fiskars and EK Success both make them, but they are fairly pricey. You could perhaps check too what size the circular punches go up to. Maybe ask in Shop Till You Drop about both of these?

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Fiskars do a template but there are other templates on the market too but you would still have to use a cutter of some sort with a template though.
    Have a look at some of the sponsors websites under tools. I have a cricut so I'm not really sure what's out there to be honest but I used to cut them with a pencil compass and then cut round them with a scissors.
    Gwyneth

Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Best circle cutter I've ever tried is the creative memories one. You buy the circle templates and blades seperately and each template cuts 6 different sizes. It isnt cheap but mine's still going strong 12 years on and is so easy to use my then 6yo daughter did an impromptu demo at a show. Shame she wasnt on commisson as they sold out within minutes