Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)

Perfect Pearls Query

I'm hoping that someone can help me with a query. I bought the perfect pearls interference pack today and tried it out on a stamp but it doesn't really show any colour. It's only when you tilt the card that you see the shiny colours, otherwise if you look straight on or put the card flat on the table there is no real colour and certainly no shine. Is this right?

Having spoken on the phone (admitedly the shop owner has not seen the stamped image) they said that they were paler than the normal colours and that they are meant to be used with other colours to get the best effect, but surely they should have some colour on their own? I've not used PP before so I don't know if I've just been unlucky and picked the wrong pack (in which case they won't refund me) or if they are faulty.

Can anyone help please?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Are you using it on dark card? They tend to show up better on dark colours.
    Tracy

View Gallery

No. I was just trying it out on white card. I'll have a hunt for some black card - is it all the pearls or just the interference that works on black best?

View Gallery

Ah, it does show up better on black card. I was trying to do a technique in the craftstamper mag where they used white card so I was expecting it to be a lot darker in colour.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I've not used the Interference colours, but I've used the Pearl one from the Metallics pack recently on a ivory/pale cream pearlescent card and it showed up beautifully. It does look quite different depending on which way the light catches it though - it's similar to the sort of effect that you get on damask weave linen. I've an example in my gallery which doesn't really do it justice as it scanned as more of a silvery grey shade.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good Beej's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    The interference ones are definately best on black I love using them for dragonflies, they are perfect for the wings
    Bev xx